Burning DVD done so as promised here are the step by step procedures and the results of following Mr. Hardin's "fix it" suggestions.
Software: Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus, Build 301B72A, VH3, ENU
Intel i5-4670K Desktop Processor 3.4 GHz 4 core
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87
2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3/1600 F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
Gigabyte GV-N640OC-2GI Video Card
Intel 335 Series 240 GB Solid State Drive
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Hard Drive
Corsair CX600 Power Supply
LG GH24NSB0 Optical Drive
NZXT Source 210 Elite 210E-001 black on black
OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (with all the current updates)
1. Loaded an Acronis True Image image of the system from before purchasing Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus
(VHS2DVD3+). (12/27/2014 Backup 13.tib)
2. Checked for MS updates to the OS and Office 2013: Needed several. (Expected, considering how old the image is.) Installed and cleaned up afterwords.
3. Emptied the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download directory. Ran MS Disk Cleanup, Piriform CCleaner
Professional V5.04.5151 (64bit), and Registry Healer 5.4.
4. Ran Intel SSD Toolbox Optimizer on the system drive (Intel 240 GB SSD).
5. Saved image of system drive to 1 TB hard drive for repeatability & future use. (Backup 19.tib 3/25/2015). This involves rebooting a couple of times. No problems noted.
6. Turned off MS Security Essentials Real Time Protection, Windows Firewall, double checked to make sure Windows Defender was off. CCleaner and Registry Healer are single run, non resident applications so they were already off.
7. Did NOT plug in the Roxio Video Capture USB device at all.
8. Inserted the VHS2DVD3+ DVD. I always have Autorun turned off so opened Windows Explorer and ran setup.exe as Administrator.
9. Selected English, accepted agreement, entered Product Key and followed the prompts.
10. At NO TIME did I get an offer to update. Ever.
11. Install finished and was asked to reboot. Clicked Yes.
12. Reboot finished, still no offer to update.
13. Turned MS Security Essentials Real Time Protection and the Windows Firewall back on and rebooted again. Still no offer to repair.
14. Clicked on Desktop shortcut and VHS2DVD3+ opened the Registration page. Registered.
15. Opened one of my already recorded video captures and played it. No problem.
16. Removed video from app and clicked File>Exit.
17. Result: Error Message: "Roxio Easy VHS to DVD has stopped working". Same as before.
18. Closed system down and restored it using the Backup 19.tib image.
19. Repeated steps 6 through 18 FOUR times with no change in the result. Alternated between using File>Exit and the Terminate button (X). No difference in the symptoms.
20. Restored system from Backup 19.tib and then created the recommended additional account under a different name. Made it a member of the Administrators Group.
21. Rebooted and logged on to the new account.
22. Repeated the same installation steps outlined above. When closing the app, the results were always the same. "Roxio Easy VHS to DVD has stopped working".
Now what? Any more suggestions?