Steps taken to date:
· Perform a clean boot and retry to run Roxio Suite (this made no difference)
· Corel support suggested I do the following:
1. Go to " C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Local\"; 2. Locate any or all of thes e folders: - "Rovi_Corporation”; - “Corel_Corporation”; - “Roxio”; - “Roxio Log Files”; - “Sonic”; - “Simple Star”;
3. Rename these folders by adding a “.old” at the end of their names. For instance, "Rovi_Corporation" to "Rovi_Corporation.old"; 4. Go to "C:\Users\*_yourusername_*\AppData\Roaming\" and check to see if you find the same folders above, and rename them the same way; 5. Go to “C:\Program Files\Common Files” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files” and look for the following folders; rename them the same way: - PX Storage Engine; - Roxio Shared; - Sonic Shared.
6. Go to "C:\Program Data\" and delete the following folders: - Roxio - Sonic - FLEXnet
7. Reboot your computer and reinstall Creator NXT 5.
· I did all of this but it made no difference
· Corel Support also suggested this workaround inside NXT 5 Advanced Video Editing:
-Menu Bar > Click Tools; Untick Roxio AVC SmartEncode. -Menu Bar > Click Options; Render using: Software instead of Hardware. -Menu Bar > Untick or Disable the "Enable intel Enhanced for core". -Menu Bar > Click Options; Clear Proxy Files.
I tried all of this but still the error persists.
· Corel Support suggested I update my Direct X but there is no separate download available on the Microsoft. My laptop is running Direct X 12 (included as part of Windows 10) and Windows update reports I have the my version is up to date
· Corel Support suggested my graphics drivers may be out of date. I have checked this and installed the latest drivers from NVDIA and the Intel Graphics adapter driver, but still the error occurs. I have also done a Windows update check so I have all the latest updates installed.
I have now tried the Roxio installation on a friends computer which has an AMD processor (mine is an i7) running Windows 10 and it works without crashing. So I came home and went through the process of uninstalling the Roxio NXT Pro 5 software and deleted out all the directories. Uninstalled the third party Anti-Virus software (Corel had previously suggested that it might be the AV or firewall causing the problem). I turned Windows Defender and Windows Firewall off and then reinstalled the Roxio software again from the DVD but still the error persists. Every time I try to “Save”, “Save As”, “Open Production” (i.e. try to access the hard drive) it crashes with the error that “Windows has stopped working”, Close program, and says it will try to find a solution but it comes up with no answers or suggestions.