Thanks for the reply Jim.
No, I replied that the option of shutting off all applications was not practical (this system is probably 4-6 years old, a lot of stuff going on)
Here was that dialog:
Roxio: I am suspecting that there are some background programs or services that are interfering with the proper functioning of your software. Background programs are loaded upon Windows start-up and remain running in the background in system memory - these may cause conflicts with other running applications.
Me: I'm sorry but closing every application on my computer to use your program is not practical. The previous version of the program worked just fine with this computer, so there appears to be some compatibility issues with Windows 10.
Roxio: A Windows 10 compatibility update (Service Pack 2), in the form of an in-app download, is currently being rolled out to customers who already have Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus installed on their Windows 10 computer. To check for this update, launch Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus, then click on Support > Check for updates. Make sure to reboot your computer after the update has installed.
Your Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus installation might be corrupted. I recommend that you completely remove your Roxio software from your computer and perform a clean install of Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus. Please follow the steps below.
Please disconnect the Roxio video capture USB device, then uninstall Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus, and any other Roxio software that is currently on your computer. After uninstalling, reboot your computer, and then configure Windows to show hidden files and folders.
Once you have hidden files and folders showing, please proceed with these steps:
1. Go to " C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Local\"; 2. Locate any or all of these folders:
- "Rovi_Corporation”; - “Corel_Corporation”; - “Roxio”; - “Roxio Log Files”; - “Sonic”; - “Simple Star”;
3. Rename these folders by adding a “.old” at the end of their names. For instance, "Rovi_Corporation" to "Rovi_Corporation.old"; 4. Go to "C:\Users\*_yourusername_*\AppData\Roaming\" and check to see if you find the same folders above, and rename them the same way; 5. Go to “C:\Program Files\Common Files” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files” and look for the following folders; rename them the same way:
- PX Storage Engine; - Roxio Shared; - Sonic Shared.
6. Go to "C:\Program Data\" and delete the following folders:
- Roxio - Sonic - FLEXnet
7. Reboot your computer and re-install Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus.
I did do the uninstall/reinstall as mentioned in the last dialogue though. That's pretty much the gist of our dialogue. I'm sorry about the pictures not being clearly labeled. Basically, the ones with the functions available on the right of the recording screen are not available on my version. I'm not able to even import a video into the program because of the error message that appears (the one with two error messages to the right of the screen), so I can't see if that option is available. The "what do you want to do" window on mine only shows two options, Roxio's shows three. The Record - Import/Edit only shows two options on mine. Roxio shows three (adds Export option). When I select check for update, the orange screens says none available. I also have no Home screen that shows Devices. Andy, yes, I can still use the program if I don't close the initial error/debug message, so all is not lost in that regards.