I purchased Roxio Creator NXT PRO 7 several months ago and tried to run the program module Edit Video - Advanced - the program will not run. I am receiving the Error: "The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_33.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this program. I reinstalled the program using the Repair option several times and the program still will not run. I have contacted Roxio Support several times (My case Number is: 5714943 ) via Email and they have had me try several things;
1. Uninstall Creator NXT 7 on my computer.
2. After uninstalling, reboot computer
3. Go to " C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Local\";
4. Locate any or all of these folders:
- “Roxio Log Files”;
- “Simple Star”;
5. Rename these folders by adding a “.old” at the end of their names. For instance, "Rovi_Corporation" to "Rovi_Corporation.old";
6. Go to "C:\Users\*_yourusername_*\AppData\Roaming\" and check to see if you find the same folders above, and rename them the same way;
7. Go to “C:\Program Files\Common Files” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files” and look for the following folders; rename them the same way:
- PX Storage Engine;
- Roxio Shared;
- Sonic Shared.
8. Go to "C:\Program Data\" and delete the following folders:
9. Reboot your computer.
You can download your program here on this link provided below: https://www.roxio.com/en/pages/download/
I tried all of this, but the program still will not run, so I cantacted support again and was instructed;
1. Please go to the link below, and follow the steps on how to remove temp files. http://howto.corel.com/en/r/How_to_remove_Temp_files_from_Windows_to_resolve_multiple_software_and_system_issues
The link above did not work, but I know how to remove Temp files and did so...
2. Also, the error is usually caused by corrupted DirectX installation and can be fixed by reinstalling DirectX by visiting the Microsoft page below. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
Note: when installing DirectX, please temporarily disable your anti-virus or firewall program and re-enable them after the installation is complete.
I am running Windows 10 Pro and DirectX is included in the OS, so it CAN NOT be UPGRADED...
3. If you're still encountering the problem, try a Repair:
First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. Now insert your Roxio Disc (download version - run Install) Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows) When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that! When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.
Which I tried this the first time, Repair, Uninstall Creator NXT 7 and doing a clean install -
4. You may also try updating your video card. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCpUC33pVXQ
My Computer is an HP Spectre x360 Convertible, MODEL:15t-ch000, 15t 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop (Intel i7-8705G, 32GB RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD, Video Card - AMD RX Vega M 4GB, 15.6” 4K UHD Touchscreen, Windows 10 Pro) Touch Notebook Computer - Model: 2FW62AV - Graphics: Radeon RX Vega M GL made by Advanced Micro Devices
I Removed the Temp Files, Did not reinstall DirectX since it intergrated into Windows 10 PRO, upgraded the video drivers...
I AM STILL GETTING THE ERROR: "The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_33.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this program. When I try to run the Roxio Creator NXT PRO 7 program module Edit Video - Advanced