I tried both and still no luck. I even did the following procedure which I obtained from MS and no luck. I cannot uninstall WMP 11. I even got an event number from Roxio however it has been well over 72 hours and no response from them. I don't think either company cares. I spoke with a MS rep and he claims to have never heard of the conflict between Sonic and WM 11.
Method 1: Uninstall Windows Media Player in safe mode
1. Start the computer in safe mode. To do this, follow these steps:
a. Restart the computer.
b. Press F8 while the computer is restarting.
c. Click Safe Mode, and the press ENTER.
2. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
3. Click Windows Media Player 11, and then click Remove.
4. Follow the prompts to uninstall Windows Media Player 11, and then restart the computer when you are prompted.
5. If Windows Media Player 11 is not removed, try Method 2.
Back to the top
Method 2: Run a program to remove Windows Media Player
1. Click Start, click Run, type %windir%\$ntUninstallwmp11$\spuninst\spuninst.exe, and then click OK.
2. Click Next, and then click Finish.