No, I did not before. But now I have with these results/remarks:
1. I installed discSpeed, recocnizes drive, benchmark works.
2. New URL: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f96/cd-dvd-speed-user-guide-192563/
3. Seems to be not applicable for SATA?
4. I had not deeinstalled anything. Windows and other programs can access the drive.
5. Did try PX Engine 4.10.28a already before, makes no difference.
6. Don't undestand, why should I uninstall IE or Media Player? I did not try this.
7. I installed ImgBurn. It recognizes the drive and runs fine. I burned and tested 1 rewritable ISO image.
8. Uninstalled and installed it.
9. Obsolete link, could not find Nero info tool.
12. Deinstalled and installed again.
As result the drive is recognized now by Roxio Creator 9. This SW works now.
So far I am happy and would like to thank for the fast response and help.
But now I have an other problem to be solved with Dell:
They delivered me the wrong installation-CD containing "Roxio Creator 9.0 DE".
The preinstalled "Roxio Easy Media Creator 9" is gone now :-((
And I still cannot Burn Video DVDs with Roxio (correct?).
Unfortunately I didnt realize before that these are different SW packages.
I am currently trying to figure that out with Dell doing a total factory reset of the
Notebook. I hope to find the preinstalled SW again and try to convince Dell to deliver the right CD.
This will take some time and I will come back when I have furter information.