I just purchased Roxio 2011 and before I plunge in I thought I'd check with the experts to see if I'm going about it the right way. In the past I've used 2009 to create slide show DVD's with jpeg photos and short movies,. Here's the procedure I've used in the past.
1. First I use Slide Show Assistant to import my slides.
2. Then I sequence the slides in the right order . I set the default duration to what I want and uncheck the PAN option. I do not add and music at this point. When done I save it as a Project.
3. Next step, I edit the file using VideoWave.
4. I set the panning for each slide individually, add any movies (I couldn't add them in Slide show assisitant), and add my music.
5. When done I play the file and make any adjustments until I'm happy with the result.
6. Then I save the file.
7. When I'm ready to burn the DVD I access the file and click on the BURN DVD icon. Roxio then starts the process by encoding all the content and then burns the DVD.
My question is, am I doing the right procedure or is there a better way.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.