Thanks for all the input...the problem still persists. Here's what I know:
• I tried MyDVD, but it will not open either a QuickTime file or a DV file.
• My OS: Mac 10.5.6
• My version of Roxio Toast: 7
• My media: Maxell DVD-R
• My drive: SONY DVD RW DW-821A
• Cache: 2048 KB
• Reads DVD: Yes
• CD-Write: -R, -RW
• DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +RW
• Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
• My computer: PowerPC - Mac
• The original file was a .mov file from YouTube
• I ran it through QuickTime Pro and saved it as a 16 MB QuickTime file
• I then exported it as a DV file...it ballooned to 2 GB
• I opened Toast and selected the VIDEO tab, and dragged the DV file to the window in Toast
• In Toasts under FORMATS, I selected the DVD-Video button, chose a Menu Style, and checked the "Play all items continuously" button; Ecoding: automatic; Video Quality: Better; Encoding: automatic; aspect ratio: automatic; audio format: Dolby Digital - 192 kbps; DVD Chapters: automatic; Video: DV - PAL, 720 x 576, 25 fps; Audio: DV, Stereo, 32000 Hz; Write Speed: Best; Verify Data: checked; Buffer Underrun Prevention: checked; Audio Write Mode: DAO; Display Recorder Settings Before Writing: checked; The TV standard is currently set to NTSC, but all content is in PAL format so I reencoded to NTSC so it can play on an NTSC DVD player; Movie time: 11 minutes; 58 seconds
• After clicking RECORD, the scroll bar reads: Encoding "file name"
• After about 20 minutes, the encoding is complete.
• And then this message appears: THE DISC FAILED TO BE WRITTEN
Here's the deal: I have a 16 MB QuickTime movie. I want to be able to view the movie by inserting a DVD into a player connected to a TV. That's all.
Hope this is enough information...thanks for your help!