Answer to my complaint about Roxio failure to provide product key:
1. I know Photoshow 5 is a superior product, because I purchased it online, including a CD. The PC on which I first ran it gave me no grief.
2. When I went to a backup PC and downloaded the CD Roxio sent me for 16 some dollars more, it demanded a product key.
Despite the repeated requests, Roxio did not send me the needed produict key to activate the Premium subscription in the second PC, nor did a telephone call to customer service, where the operator told me to call another number, that she as a member of the Roxio"customer care" team, had nothing to do with product keys.
3. I am running the software for Roxio Photoshow 5 on the backup PC in a trial mode, since no one at Roxio seems inclined to provide me the product key for the Premium subscription, which Roxio demands, but withholds.
4. With this continuing (apparent?) inability of Roxio customer support representatives to understand and comply with a reasonable request, the time is at hand for me to file a complaint with the attorney general of the Commonwealth of Virginia. The attorney general will most like turn my complaint over to the consumer protection agency, which may encourage Roxio to become serious about fulfilling its end of the bargain.
5. Thank you for your comment. Yelling isn't the way. But what is the way remains to be seen. If my yelling helps get Roxio to realize that it has a dysfunctional customer support branch, AND perhaps eventually provide me the product key that Roxio both demands and withholds.