Hi there. Sorry for the confusion. I'll try to be more clear. When I open Roxio MyDVD, I begin by creating a "New Blu-Ray Project". After importing all the videos into one file, I go to Project View, right-click on the 2.35 hour video file and "Edit Chapters" by creating 24 unique points in the video where I want to have Chapters within my submenus. I only have one movie in the project, so I am NOT editing titles...just chapters. Once complete, I click "Done" and the 24 chapters are separated into 4 submenus (6 chapters on each submenu).
This is where the problem comes in. When I try to edit the chapters (changing names from 1, 2, 3...to Vacation, Birthday, etc. - changing them to motion thumbnails - changing the thumbnail image, etc.), I will be able to do this for the 6 chapters on 2 or 3 of the menus. However, when I click on the other submenu(s) containing the other 6 or 12 chapters to edit them as well, the program freezes and gets hung up. Every time I open and close the program, the same submenus freeze, leading me to believe perhaps it's one of the videos on that submenu? See # 6 below, which may lend more credit to this theory.
The solutions I have tried so far for this problem are:
1. Repair the Program (with Virus Protection turned off)
2. Uninstall/Reinstall Program (with Virus Protection turned off)
3. Lessen the number of chapters to four chapters (January to March, April to June, July to September, October to December) ... still gets hung up
4. Try to just import some of the 2.35 hours of video...an hour or so. Sometimes this works, but should I really have to do this for a program that is supposed to work?
5. Converting all of my iPhone videos that I include in the 2.35 hours of video to mpeg-2 files first instead of .mov files...I thought maybe the mix of file types may be the issue?
6. Added an additional video of about 15 minutes (extra iPhone videos that I converted into one mpeg-2 720p file), which added one additional submenu since I filled up the other 4 submenus with 6 chapters each. For some reason, this allowed me to edit one of the submenus I wasn't able to before, but locked up a different one that I WAS able to edit previously. Maybe the reason for this is because the new iPhone videos automatically go to Submenu 1 where my first 6 chapters originally were. Therefore, Submenu 1 would now be the iPhone videos and the original Chapters 1 - 5. Chapter 6 then moves to Menu 2, etc. The final chapter (Chapter 24), then moves to the new Submenu #5. When I try to move some of these chapters around, you can guess that all havoc breaks loose!
Therefore, if I can't fix this, is there another program that I can use within the Roxio suite of programs that will allow me to create chapters, or separate the videos by section, some other way? Is there a way of editing chapters (names, thumbnail pictures, motion) without going into each submenu?