I give up!!
I did the update to Toast 10 in the hopes that the fixes as stated in the update would fix the problems I have had with CDSD 6.0.1. It didn't. I still have the very same problems.
I have two Macs and have the very same problems on both Macs (PM G5 and MBP). Both run 10.5.6, all updates current, using Toast 10.0.1, CDSD 6.0.1. I noticed that the latest version update for Toast keeps CDSD at 6.0.1 which was the current version before the 10.0.1 update.
Here are the steps I used:
1. Downloaded update.
2. Trashed all preferences for Toast and CDSD.
3. Installed update, which basically installed all Toast apps. Toast now 10.0.1, CDSD still 6.0.1.
4. Ran Toast and went through registration, etc.
5. Opened itunes, selected a song and started it playing.
6. Opened CDSD, Tried start audio music capture, I get an immediate click sound then nothing happened.
7. Clicked on start new recording, select advanced, select CDSD system audio capture as the input device, click on the red record button. Things appear to go as expected, green recording light blinks, record time moves along, I play three songs and stop recording. Click OK, window opens creating the waveform, create three tracks, one for each song, select save (DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SELECT SAVE AS, AS IT WILL CREATE A FILE, BUT AFTER IT DOES YOU'LL HEAR A SOUND AND WHEN YOU CLOSE CDSD, GO TO THE FILE AND DOUBLE CLICK ON IT NOTHING HAPPENS!!!, IT CORRUPTS THE FILE) so do a save and it does save the file. When you close CDSD, go to the file and double click on it, it opens, but does not contain the tracks and it only had 33 seconds of the first track.
8. I then tried doing the above, only instead of selecting advanced, I chose continue instead of advanced and still got crappy results.
I have no idea what is causing these kinds of problems, but these problems did not occur for me prior to the release of Toast 10, (other than I could not select advanced and get good results), so I always clicked on continue and used the basic setup w/o problems.
Roxio/Toast/Deepsea et. al. should be ashamed for releasing such a flawed app and then take soooooooo long for an update and not provide any responses to the users as to what is happening and then finally post an update where one still continues to get the same bugs.
At this point I think Roxio needs to seriously consider dropping CDSD altogether and either find a suitable replacement or forget it. As it is now, all CDSD is doing for Roxio is turning people off about the product.