Last Fall I documented in painful detail all the problems I had with NXT not recognizing a disc in the DVD
drive as well as several other issues. I will not rehash those issues here.
When NXT2 was released, I decided to download and install it hoping it would resolve the problems. However, it
was worse than before with several errors trying to run program including but not limited to the following:
1. Each time program is started it opens a window displaying a message to wait while Windows configures Roxio
2. Click Create DVD and Edit Video - get error - Unable to load skin.
3. Click on Burn Audio, Burn Data, Burn Disc Image and get message to wait while Windows configures Roxio
Central and to reboot. Tried rebooting, but same messages and errors occur.
4. Select Capture Video, Plug and Burn, Create Slideshow and get C++ Runtime error - R6025.
5. Select Edit Photo and nothing happens.
After discussing the matter with both HP and Roxio Tech Support, their advice was to reinstall the O/S and all
applications, starting with NXT2. I reluctantly agreed and spent about a week reinstalling the O/S and
applications. NXT2 installed properly (or so I thought).
I tested NXT 2, and except for the fact that MYDVD does not recognize there is a disc in the DVD Drive (an
ongoing and well documented problem), all other functions seem to work.
However, after a couple of weeks, the Burn To Disc function in MyDVD stopped working. If I open a MyDVD
project and select the Burn button, a window briefly flashes, the Burn Dialog does not appear and the program
stops responding and has to be terminated with Task Manager or by rebooting.
I have reopened the issue with Roxio Spport, but so far nothing they have suggested has resolved the problem.
Has anyone else out there experienced similar problems with MyDVD? Thanks for any suggestions/help that you have.