My system- is described in the attached file "DxDiag.txt". I have also attached the latest LogFile.
Creator NXT and Creator 2012 and Creator 2011 have all given me problems with installation or reinstallation. Currently, I am attempting to reinstall Creator NXT after having "completely" uninstalled it using the recommended "REVO Uninstaller". I have read and re-read many of the posts that deal with installation issues and none of them seem to work. It is unfortunate that I do not remember what was recommended and did allow me to install the various iterations of Creator but that is the fact.
The current uninstall was done after attempting to "repair" NXT when I began having trouble working with a recorded DVD. What follows is the process that I have followed in the latest attempt to install.
- made sure that windows installer was up-to-date
- stopped startup services from "msconfig"
- I had already extracted the NXT files to the "temp" folder, so I went there and clicked on "setup.exe". Setup started OK.
- Input the language
- downloaded updates
- Roxio Install Wizard started.
- Signed the License agreement
- Entered the Product Key
- Agreed to be part of Roxio User Experience
- Chose the "Setup Type" as "Complete"
- Accepted the Install Location as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio\"
- Wizard opens Ready to install
- Upon beginning the installation and within a matter of less than 5 seconds "Roxio NXT Wizard interrupted......." and it "rolled back" with no other error message.
When I look at the folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio\" - - "BackOnTrack" is the only sub-folder which is present and has content.
Since I have tried to install several times I am pretty frustrated. Since I have been using Roxio Creator's various iterations, I do appreciate the program once it is installed. I sincerely hope that your wisdom will allow me to find the problem with my system so that I can get the program installed.
Thanks for your help.
LogFile 14-04-03 15-46.zip