• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Beerman

Which Email App Do You Use?

Email Application  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which program do you use for email

• Microsoft Outlook
    • Microsoft Outlook Express
    • Eudora
    • Thunderbird
    • Web Based Email
    • Pegasus Mail
    • Mac OS Mail
    • A Linux program
    • Gmail
    • Opera
    • Other

So I'm poll crazy but also noisy. I know I missed many so feel free to add your favorite one.

So I'm poll crazy but also noisy. I know I missed many so feel free to add your favorite one.

Eudora for life... :)

You missed mine, Paul - I don't have an email program. All of my sundry accounts are on the web, as would by my ISP account if I had any idea what the address of that is.

People don't believe me.

I had a Juno free account as a backup, and changed the default to the Juno email (which I never used), and even tho the account evaporated a few years ago when they started charging for the service, and I've uninstalled as much of the program as I can find, it remains my "default" even if it doesn't work.

Trying to change that, I grudginly reinstalled Outlook Express, which promptly asked me how to get on the Internet. I closed it. It's never been opened since.

There is no working email program installed, really.

Lynn

You missed mine, Paul - I don't have an email program. All of my sundry accounts are on the web, as would by my ISP account if I had any idea what the address of that is.

People don't believe me.

I had a Juno free account as a backup, and changed the default to the Juno email (which I never used), and even tho the account evaporated a few years ago when they started charging for the service, and I've uninstalled as much of the program as I can find, it remains my "default" even if it doesn't work.

Trying to change that, I grudginly reinstalled Outlook Express, which promptly asked me how to get on the Internet. I closed it. It's never been opened since.

There is no working email program installed, really.

Lynn

I did list 'Web Based Email' as a choice and that's you. I use it quite often as well since I'm only home half the time. I know many people who only used web email in order to lessen the chance of getting a virus.

To tell the truth I use Outlook Express at home and Outlook at work.I find it easier to do multiple accounts with Outlook so I use it at work so I can check my work and personal mail all at the same time.

I use MS Outllok at work but use IncredyMail at home (i supose that comes under Other?)

I thought about adding that but (and please don't take this the wrong way) it's been my feeling that Incredimail is a childs email program. Sorry, you're the first adult I know who uses it. And for saying that, I award you 1 virtual glass of wine (your choice of course) :)

Well That’s not nice... :huh: , of course my excuse is really that it is for my son? :) ..he he

Or my wife made me use it?, or.....

OK OK.... I use it because i hate MS Office products, and it was the first thing i found , and after paying for it i hate to waste money so i use it, because i cannot think of throwing away $70.. (Yes I Am Cheap)

And now ill ride with the knowledge that all these people here are laughing at me now

Just as a small dig back... did you know?

3.jpg

Well That’s not nice... :P , of course my excuse is really that it is for my son? :) ..he he

Or my wife made me use it?, or.....

OK OK.... I use it because i hate MS Office products, and it was the first thing i found , and after paying for it i hate to waste money so i use it, because i cannot think of throwing away $70.. (Yes I Am Cheap)

And now ill ride with the knowledge that all these people here are laughing at me now

Just as a small dig back... did you know?

3.jpg

:huh::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

touche' If you only knew how true that is----oh well, never mind.

I use outlook express when I want to check multiple e-mails, otherwise I use my cable co. e-mail.

Guest mlpasley

I use mostly web based email for my multiple-personality email accounts.

Although the rest of the family is still tied to AOL.

Except I accidentally voted for 'other' because I didn't see the 'web' option.

Edited by mlpasley

I use Forté Agent. It's a text-mailer so doesn't let in all those greeblies that other mail clients expose you to, and it doesn't absorb huge amounts of disk space like the zillions of attachments Incredimail stores. It's also very tidy when dealing with newsgroups.

I use Forté Agent. It's a text-mailer so doesn't let in all those greeblies that other mail clients expose you to, and it doesn't absorb huge amounts of disk space like the zillions of attachments Incredimail stores. It's also very tidy when dealing with newsgroups.

Brendon,

Been a longtime user of Forte Agent myself and beta tested the latest version (which I am not fond of). For an email app, it's not one I find easy but it does take up very little space. Never really thought about it as an email client.

I don't like the latest version either, Paul.

I stuck with version 1.92 because it's good, not just because I insist on driving an oxcart.

(my bumper sticker: Caution, don't step in exhaust! )

I've been using the 'mozilla' code since its inception as Mosaic. It's been so long I don't even remember. Like 10 or 15 years. Even though the new code looks like mozilla, they don't run like it. I'm just not impressed with Firefox and Thunderbird.

Oddly enough all the web based ones ad up to 12 (so far) and that's what O.E. and M.O. add up to combined. I have used Outlook Express forever and just have no desire to use a web based e-mail program.

And by the way, Beer takes to long. I'll stick with something a littel faster.

Frank.....

I only use web based for personal emails - Gmail to be exact as its great for catching Spam. Dont like using Outlook or OExpress as they have too many flaws. I havent had the chance to start digging into other email clients.

Great thread for giving me ideas on what to try though!

I only use web based for personal emails - Gmail to be exact as its great for catching Spam. Dont like using Outlook or OExpress as they have too many flaws. I havent had the chance to start digging into other email clients.

Great thread for giving me ideas on what to try though!

Use a program like MailWasher. It works great. You can see your e-mail long before it gets near your computer. No worry about spam, here.

I use IE for my e-mail.

Edited by grandpabruce