• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Cineplayerfrustration

Cannot Play Original DVDs on EMC 9 Cineplayer

Question

I uninstalled EMC 7 and 8, and have installed EMC 9 Suite. Cineplayer worked fine under version 8. I however cannot get any DVDs to play and have tried two different DVD players. Basically the screen freezes. I have no problem playing the same DVD with Roxio DVDMax. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have uninstalled and installed EMC 9 a couple of times now.

5 answers to this question

I uninstalled EMC 7 and 8, and have installed EMC 9 Suite. Cineplayer worked fine under version 8. I however cannot get any DVDs to play and have tried two different DVD players. Basically the screen freezes. I have no problem playing the same DVD with Roxio DVDMax. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have uninstalled and installed EMC 9 a couple of times now.

Uninstall V8 and V9, clean up your registry with a registry cleaner, reinstall V9. The program seems to want to install a codec from a location where it isn't. The procedure above gets it to work.

I appreciate the help, uninstalled EMC 7 , 8 and 9. Used Registy Mechanic to clean registry file and reinstalled. Still have the same problem. Will not play any DVDs. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Is there a way to manually install the right Codec for Cineplayer. For some reason I cannot get this to work.

I appreciate the help, uninstalled EMC 7 , 8 and 9. Used Registy Mechanic to clean registry file and reinstalled. Still have the same problem. Will not play any DVDs. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Is there a way to manually install the right Codec for Cineplayer. For some reason I cannot get this to work.
One suggestion you could try, is if your video card drivers are not up to date, update them to the current version. If they already are, try uninstalling the video card driver, reboot, then re-install it. This should make EMC 9 recalibrate for your video card next time you start it. That helped for me on a couple of similar issues early on.

Have you activated the MPEG 2 codec? EMC9 now uses a 3rd party MPEG 2 codec and it must be activated over the net. You should get an activation notice after using Videowave or MyDVD several times.

Thanks, uninstalling the Video Driver did the trick, however now I have the problem that the Audio appears to be accelerated. Like all characters are using helium. Will first check the site to see it there are any similar issues. Thanks very much for the help!!!