• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Technogod

Roxwatch9 Error

Question

I receive the following errors when my computer starts Windows XP. I'm running EMC8 and EMC9. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Runtime Error!

Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

After closing the above dialog Boxx a new box opens with the following error.

Runtime Error!

R6025

-pure virtual function call

6 answers to this question

I receive the following errors when my computer starts Windows XP. I'm running EMC8 and EMC9. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

After closing the above dialog Boxx a new box opens with the following error.

Runtime Error!

R6025

Go to Start/Run, and type in mscofig and hit ok. When the next window comes up, click on Startup, and uncheck Roxwatch and all other Roxio entries such as Drag to Disc. Reboot and put a check in the box of the window that comes up when it gets to your desktop.

Go to Start/Run, and type in mscofig and hit ok. When the next window comes up, click on Startup, and uncheck Roxwatch and all other Roxio entries such as Drag to Disc. Reboot and put a check in the box of the window that comes up when it gets to your desktop.

After uninstalling EMC9 and EMC8 and reinstalling EMC9. I still receive the error intermittently. I can exit Media Manager Services in the Tray. Open Manage Media/tools/start watching folders. Start/Run/"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe" This will fix the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After uninstalling EMC9 and EMC8 and reinstalling EMC9. I still receive the error intermittently. I can exit Media Manager Services in the Tray. Open Manage Media/tools/start watching folders. Start/Run/"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe" This will fix the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Therein lies the problem.

I just installed EMC 9 Suite and have come up with the same error message.

"Runtime Error!

R6025

I just want to understand what you instructed the other person to do. If I uncheck the Roxio boxes in the msconfig, am I just stopping the program from loading at startup and therefore when I do start it from the start menu it will take longer to boot up? I have no idea what a runtime error is....but the few features of EMC 9 I have used so far have worked.

Hoping you can help.

Thanks

"Runtime Error!

R6025-pure virtual function call

click 'run', type in msconfig, go to startup tab, uncheck Roxio products

Now, go to the 'services tab' right next to the 'startup tab' and uncheck Roxio products. Reboot. Fixes this perfectly (I had same problem) -- now my update service is disabled but I can live with that :-)

Theresa :)