Roxio Creator 9 Suite

radiorich

Question

Hello Guys,

I have had been running my Roxio creator 9 suite for years and the other day I turned on my computer to watch a movie and it would not play it wanted me to activate it aand my program has been activated for years and working just fine but I did something last moth was to install the new windvd 16 I think was and it expired wondering if thats the reason a screen comesup to activate my roxio suite and says to do it on line or got to and put in this no. .

when I do a error comes up.

should I blow windvd out and start fresh with my roxio suite

9 answers to this question

Brendon,

is there a program or something that should use to clean the old files out maybe windvd put file in reg. the windo that now pops up wants you to activate that program the screen tells you to go to the roxio site activation and enter this long number and then get reply from the site and enter that into my program to get to work.

Far as my program gooes it's had many of years of work :) should I post a photo of that screen

Some of the gurus on this board recommend using the Revo uninstaller [click link] in "moderate" mode to clean out remnants of programs.

I would use it to try clean the remnants of the WinDVD, and then see if your Creator 9 will work again. The problem is that if WinDVD has broken Creator settings or overwritten Creator files, then just taking WinDVD out isn't going to make Creator go again.

If that's the case, you would have to clean Creator out too, and then try to reinstall it.

Regards,

Brendon

should I blow windvd out and start fresh with my roxio suite

I think it would be worth trying. It looks like the new software had broken the old.

If your Creator 9 was a download [ESD] version which required on-line activation, the new install may fail to activate, since the activation servers were turned off some years ago. However it has already stopped working, so what do you have to lose?

Hello Brendon ,

I deleted both windvd pro 11 and roxio creator 9 using windows add and uninstall program from control panel. and I reinstalled creator 9 but still come to that screen when I go ahead and play a pre recorder store bought dvd movie.

Sincerely Rich.

P.S. I will try revo uninstaller next and see if that helps . this is just bugging me I bought this program and it has worked well for years now this just another way to make me buy a new computer .

You should have used the REVO uninstaller first ! Now you have a big mess on your computer. To try to clean up the mess, download the trial of REVO Uninstaller PRO. Use it in the moderate mode. Use the "forced uninstall" and put in the programs that may have been only partially uninstalled. Now would be a good time to uninstall any other trial programs and programs you no longer use.

Remember that REVO makes a copy of the registry so you probably won;t have a problem there, It will try to use the built in uninstaller and then try to clean up the leftovers - select all and delete following the instructions,

Archived