• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

BubbleberryVII

Question

Does anyone have a link to download just the drivers for this? For some reason, I think the drivers on my disc are outdated, 'cause no matter how many times I uninstall roxio and reinstall it, whenever I plug the USB in, my laptop doesn't recognize the device (it comes up as Unknown Device in device manager).

post-114127-0-84355200-1407201356_thumb.png

3 answers to this question

Does anyone have a link to download just the drivers for this? For some reason, I think the drivers on my disc are outdated, 'cause no matter how many times I uninstall roxio and reinstall it, whenever I plug the USB in, my laptop doesn't recognize the device (it comes up as Unknown Device in device manager).

post-114127-0-84355200-1407201356_thumb.png

What happened when you tried a different USB port on your computer?

No... it is because you let Windows install its' own drivers and they are locked in!

USB Devices - NEVER plug one into a computer unless you run the software first to install the drivers!!! (one or 2 exceptions but only if printed instructions say otherwise ;))

FIX?

Look in Device Manager first. Plug in the device, go to Device Manager and Delete any entries that change. You may have to do this a couple of times to find them!

Unplug the Device and put it in another room.

Reboot and run Repair with the RGC Software.

Reboot and only Now, insert the device -_-

Archived