• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
psmallri

Videowave - Time Taken To Save Projects

Question

I have what I think is a fairly typical simple project (mix of still photos, few videos and some music). When I'm in Videowave, because the software is a bit "shakey" Ideally I would save what I've done regularly. But for a simple project of about 30 mins elapse, it takes around five or ten minutes to save the project.

Anyone any ideas why?

And before anyone says it "might be" due to my PC configuration, I have a very hi-spec Desktop (see below).

I've checked it in Microsoft Resource Monitor, and during the save, Videowave takes a complete CPU (one of the four I have available), but I can't see that it's doing any HDD writes or reads.

Anyone any ideas what might be causing it, or is just another instance of Roxio with its thumb up its A..E telling the user nothing?

Paul.

2 answers to this question

Nothing wrong with Roxio, just your flawed definition of "Simple" :lol::D:lol:

To begin with NOTHING in video is 'simple'!

I just created a 30 minute file using pictures with the default 5 sec duration, NO transitions, NO music and No video.

It took 350 pictures to generate 30 minutes of video.

My initial Save took 1:39 minutes. Considering that the 2 files contain the full filename of each and every file in your production, starting with the drive letter, it does not seem that odd to me???

I used a Stopwatch to time with, did you accurately reflect the time yours took? 10 Minutes is really a long time :huh:

I noticed you have your PC overclocked... I have never ever seen a situation where any good comes from that! If it were fail safe, wouldn't it come from Intel that was in the first place -_- (I do not think that is part of it but you never know)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Clear out the "Proxy Files" regularly. It is under tools in the top menu. It sometimes slows down saving a project IF there has been a lot of edits because it saves all the keystrokes in the editing process.