kasht

How can I use content from pervious versions of EMC

Question

I have versions from 7 – 9 what I want to is to remove all version and install version 9

I would like to be able to use the DVD templates from the older versions.

What would be the best way to do this?

4 answers to this question

I have versions from 7 – 9 what I want to is to remove all version and install version 9

DVD templates meaning?

DVD templates meaning?

Sorry I didn't make myself clear

My DVd come with some predifined DVD menu's i.e the back ground music chapter buttons etc.

there are different ones in each version of My DVD I wand to be able to use all the older one as well as the ones which come with version 9

Sorry I didn't make myself clear

My DVd come with some predifined DVD menu's i.e the back ground music chapter buttons etc.

there are different ones in each version of My DVD I wand to be able to use all the older one as well as the ones which come with version 9

All the ones that were in v8 look to me like they are included in v9 (as long as you install the v9 content). The v7/7.5 ones are not compatible for use in v9 directly (or v8 for that matter). What you could do is grab copies of all the backgrounds and sounds files used by v7 and rebuild them in v9 as custom templates.Not sure if you can grab copies of and use buttons from v7 in the same way, but you could try.

I do that by saving the content folder to a seperate drive and then use them as needed with working . Have not had any problems doing that. ted