• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 12 Pro 6 New Programs

rac10060

Question

12 answers to this question

I spent the extra $50 and purchased Toast 12 Pro to get the 6 new programs. Needless to say, the Fotomagico did not come with a serial number for installation. When I tried to install Fotomagico it said I would have to pay $100. Since I paid for 6 additional programs I'd like to get the six programs as advertized. I am very disappointed with the service I've received in resolving this issue. I just want someonr to make this right! Please provide the SN so I can install Fotomagico.

post-120329-0-91370200-1408990559_thumb.jpg

Photo Doc,

Thanks for sharing this, please do post if Roxio does or does not fix this for you. I'm thinking of purchasing this software myself, but if you're having trouble then not sure if I want the same thing to happen to me. I've been studying various softwares that I'm hoping I can use with Final Cut Pro X for authoring DVDs and Blue-ray disk, but as of now I can't find anything. I was hoping that Toast 12 would allow me to make a menu with "chapters". But I can't seem to find anything in their description that plainly states that it will do what I want.

Tsantee, I'm new to this form thing. So I don't know my way around. Thanks for your reply. What I mean by "true" is: Make a menu screen, maybe add a photo instead of blank or colored screen, then have chapter buttons which can be "clicked" on to go straight to certain areas on the disk (DVD or Blue-ray) for viewing. I did read the specs and they leave a little to be desired as far as instructions go. I currently use Adobe Encore with Premiere Pro CS4. When I read those specs it was totally understood what Encore would do and not do. But as we all know, Encore is no longer offered. Studio Pro is also no longer available. So I'm just trying my best to find something I know for certain that I'll be able to use. So, not holding you to it, you feel that indeed I'll be able to make a menu screen with chapter buttons for playing?

Toast's menus are very simple. They provide 25 menu styles with different backgrounds and typefaces. You can replace their background with your own photo. The menu buttons are thumbnail images from the video. You can select the thumbnail for the titles but not for the chapters. There is text with titles but not with chapters. When you choose to have chapter menus the disc first displays a title menu. When a title is selected the chapter menu appears. To start playing the video the first chapter needs to be selected. There is no option for audio or video in the menu. The menu is a still slate with up to 6 titles per page.

I believe Corel still offers a 30-day refund policy if online Toast purchasers decide it doesn't meet their needs.

Tsantee, again thank you. You seem very knowledgeable with Toast 12. I'll be ordering it tomorrow. I don't need more than a one page menu, I just wanted to make certain I could use buttons (thumbnail images) for separate playing of certain areas on the video. You've cleared that up. I'll need to purchase it to really understand, but I believe it'll do what I need. Thank you, Mike MMVP

I installed Toast Titanium 12 on my Mavericks, the only thing I can say is it "SUCKS" first time in 20 years I see such a crappy product from Roxio. No tech support and they want money for resolving this issue Note: for a newly purchased piece of software. This is ridiculous. I had to return the product. I will wait to see if all issues are resolved before I buy it again.

I installed Toast Titanium 12 on my Mavericks, the only thing I can say is it "SUCKS" first time in 20 years I see such a crappy product from Roxio. No tech support and they want money for resolving this issue Note: for a newly purchased piece of software. This is ridiculous. I had to return the product. I will wait to see if all issues are resolved before I buy it again.

Okay. But it's little different from Toast 11 so your issue(s) must have been around for a couple years.

Photo Doc,

I too am a newbie to Toast. I think the sixth "must have" is the music library with the Sonicfire?? (yes a little misleading but I'm good with it myself) The Fotomagico doesn't come with a separate SN. When I fired it for the first time i was prompted thru a somewhat arcane procedure that netted me a free license as provided by a Toast Purchase. FWIW the offer to upgrade to a "pro" version was offered, but, I declined. It seems to work just fine as provided. YMMV

The Fotomagico didn't have to be installed just drag it to your applications folder.

If you're still having trouble, I would just erase it and start over. It takes only a couple of minutes, but, you must read the screen prompts as it's not what I would call "Super user friendly interface".

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave

Archived