• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

Until a couple of days ago my Roxio Creator Pro 2011 was working just fine. After burning several DVDs that part of the software stopped working. After much researching, and if I understand what I've learned, software may be missing the cp.msi file. I used my installation disc1 to try to repair the program. After following the steps it read, in effect, Cineplayer: Installed product does not match installation source. Until matched or installed product 7 source syncronized, action cannot be performed. I later read I must find installation package. cp.msi in a folder to install Cineplayer. Screen then shows:

c:\docume~1\jessew~1\temp\wer2036.dir00\videowave13.exe.mdmp

c:\docum~1\jessew~1\locals!1\temp\wer2-36.dir00\appcompat.txt

(I hope I copied all this correctly!)

I read to find cp.msi in folder of Cineplayer

Synchronize product and source

I am the owner of the software and it is installed on the same computer.

Because of another forum member's earlier post I am considering uninstalling the complete program using my Revo Premium Uninstaller and reinstalling the program. Will this solve my problem?

Roxio has been working just fine for years until now.

Should I backup any thing first? I do a backup daily but that is only documents. I have a 2011 image backup but that may be too old if things go really wrong.

Thank you guys for always taking your time to help us less technically minded, older guys. I find most of my reading in the posts to be kindly presented. I look forward to your expert advise!

7 answers to this question

I hope I have not posted in the wrong place. I apologize if I did and ask to be directed to the correct area.

Until a couple of days ago my Roxio Creator Pro 2011 was working just fine. After burning several DVDs that part of the software stopped working. After much researching, and if I understand what I've learned, software may be missing the cp.msi file. I used my installation disc1 to try to repair the program. After following the steps it read, in effect, Cineplayer: Installed product does not match installation source. Until matched or installed product 7 source syncronized, action cannot be performed. I later read I must find installation package. cp.msi in a folder to install Cineplayer. Screen then shows:

c:\docume~1\jessew~1\temp\wer2036.dir00\videowave13.exe.mdmp

c:\docum~1\jessew~1\locals!1\temp\wer2-36.dir00\appcompat.txt

(I hope I copied all this correctly!)

I read to find cp.msi in folder of Cineplayer

Synchronize product and source

I am the owner of the software and it is installed on the same computer.

Because of another forum member's earlier post I am considering uninstalling the complete program using my Revo Premium Uninstaller and reinstalling the program. Will this solve my problem?

Roxio has been working just fine for years until now.

Should I backup any thing first? I do a backup daily but that is only documents. I have a 2011 image backup but that may be too old if things go really wrong.

Thank you guys for always taking your time to help us less technically minded, older guys. I find most of my reading in the posts to be kindly presented. I look forward to your expert advise!

Have you ran a registry cleaner recently?

Installed new antivirus software?

Some antivirus software have a registry cleaner in them.

Yes, I ran CCleaner Registry Cleaner but I backed up the changes. There are two backups. Can I simply restore the latest and see if that corrects the problem and if not restore the second backup. If that does not fix the problem, the CCleaner was not the cause.

What precautions must I take before making the restored options?

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, I ran CCleaner Registry Cleaner but I backed up the changes. There are two backups. Can I simply restore the latest and see if that corrects the problem and if not restore the second backup. If that does not fix the problem, the CCleaner was not the cause.

What precautions must I take before making the restored options?

Thank you for your quick response.

I don't know what you did and if you restore a CC Cleaner Backup what it will do!

All I know is registry cleaners have and do wreck Roxio installations.

Kind sir,

I have agonized over this problem for weeks. The solution was just too simple. I did what you said. I restored the two Registry Entires. (Fortunately I always make backups and save them.) It was also fortunte that I used Roxio shortly after making the last two backups. I don't know how I would have found which backup to restore if I had discovered a problem with Roxio months later. I have 125 saved backups.

I made a quick DVD and based on that little test Roxio works again.

It is still a mystery why after over three years using Roxio and CCleaner's Registry Cleaner this problem has occured! The two files I restored are:

cc_20140808_170240.reg

cc_20140802_231926.reg

How would you know what these files work with? Do they mean anything to anyone reading this? I still want to use the CCleaner because there are often many files it wants me to delete. I do and after years this is the first problem. How do you know which files are safe to delete or keep?

I hope some has an answer to my last question but for now Roxio is working.

Thank you sir and thank you for this forum.

Jesse

I did what you said. I restored the two Registry Entires.

I never told you to restore the files. I said "I don't know what you did and if you restore a CC Cleaner Backup what it will do!

All I know is registry cleaners have and do wreck Roxio installations."

If you continue to run CC Cleaner uncheck all Roxio entries and don't let CC Cleaner delete them.

You never have to use a Registry Cleaner. They will see some dynamic links or other items and delete them. If they are needed, then the program breaks! The sellers of Registry Cleaners will tell you that your computer will run faster -- of course it will since some of the programs are broken and won't run at all. I don't know anyone in my 50 years of working with computer that really needed a registry cleaner. If the computer is that bad, then a reformat and reinstallation of Windows and programs will be the only way to fix it.

As an alternate, download and try either the free REVO Uninstaller or the pay for Revo Uninstaller Pro. Use only the MODERATE Mode. When you install a program do so with REVO. It will keep track of the items being written into the registry and delete only those that can be safely deleted. The second choice is to uninstall all those pieces of software that you don;t use or those that were installed as a trial. REVO will use the program built in uninstaller and then will search for those items in the registry that can be safely deleted. The PRO will unistall registry items of programs that were partially installed or improperly uninstalled.

No need for a Registry Cleaner. Get REVO here: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Comment. I don't know anyone who has used REVO and had it cause a problem.

Edit: I just received a message from Cdanteek --- OK I now know one and there are probably more ! :blink::P

Edited by sknis