• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
HappyBob

Components not available ?

Question

I'll try not to over react.

On Page 20 on the Easy Media Creator 9 Suite User Guide states: "Depending on the version of Easy Media Creator you are using, some of the components described in this guide may not be available."

Minutes before I purchased this version I called Roxio inside sales and was told that there is no other version of 9, and that no one knows of plans to release a "deluxe" version. The reason I asked this question was because I feel I got burned with EMC8 Suite, never got the chance to upgrade to the deluxe version that was available for $20 (software only).

Anyway, I haven't even installed the program yet, and I'm already being warned that their is a possibility that certain components may not be available.

So my question to those of you who are working with EMC9 suite, are there components that are greyed out (not available). If anyone knows, or would like to guess, do we have to wait until another version (deluxe, or Premier, or Platinum) is released?

11 answers to this question

On Page 20 on the Easy Media Creator 9 Suite User Guide states: "Depending on the version of Easy Media Creator you are using, some of the components described in this guide may not be available."

Minutes before I purchased this version I called Roxio inside sales and was told that there is no other version of 9, and that no one knows of plans to release a "deluxe" version. The reason I asked this question was because I feel I got burned with EMC8 Suite, never got the chance to upgrade to the deluxe version that was available for $20 (software only).

Anyway, I haven't even installed the program yet, and I'm already being warned that their is a possibility that certain components may not be available.

So my question to those of you who are working with EMC9 suite, are there components that are greyed out (not available). If anyone knows, or would like to guess, do we have to wait until another version (deluxe, or Premier, or Platinum) is released?

I've got the only version offered as far as I know and, I've not seen any other versions availabe. I've got nothing greyed out in my version. Perhaps the guide was written at a time they thought about having other versions. Yeah, I know, sounds like a crappy explanation huh?

Nope. That wording must be straight out of the version 8 manual. There is only one version of EMC 9, and there is nothing greyed out that I have seen.

Thanks guys, now I REALLY feel bad! I spent $69.99 for the special upgrade download version, plus another $18.22 for a CD backup because the downloaded copy wouldn't run. One of our local electronic stores (Fry's) is currently selling the boxed version of Easy Media Creator 9 Suite for $49.95, and I told myself that it probably wasn't as complete as what this "preferred customer" got. Get me once it's your fault, get me twice and it's mine. Live and learn. - Dave

Edited by RVdave

Thanks guys, now I REALLY feel bad! I spent $69.99 for the special upgrade download version, plus another $18.22 for a CD backup because the downloaded copy wouldn't run. One of our local electronic stores (Fry's) is currently selling the boxed version of Easy Media Creator 9 Suite for $49.95, and I told myself that it probably wasn't as complete as what this "preferred customer" got. Get me once it's your fault, get me twice and it's mine. Live and learn. - Dave

If you bought it on-line and recently, call Roxio and get a refund. Then spend the gas, the time, and pay the sales tax to get the same product for the same $99. Oh BTW, at Fry's is that with a rebate? I see it for the normal $99 plus the two $20 rebates ($59). Add in the stamps, envelopes, and the heartburn while waiting for the refund. My time is more valuable than that.

Just consider yourself making the correct bottom line decision. :)

Edited by sknis

To the best of my knowledge, EMC9 has all the components equal to EMC 8 Deluxe PLUS enhancements. there are no 'greyed' out features. i think Roxio learned a hard lesson with that one. :)

If EMC8 ran well on your machine, then you should not have any problems with EMC 9. Make sure you have updated video drivers, DirectX, etc.

Nope. That wording must be straight out of the version 8 manual. There is only one version of EMC 9, and there is nothing greyed out that I have seen.

ah Yes, there was only one version of EMC8 when I bought it in Nov 2005, it wasn't till April 2006 that the deluxe version came out. Never the less, the Help that came in November 2005 (on-disk) version described components that weren't marketed until April 2006. Now the EMC9 manual appears to be stating the same thing (that some components may not be available).

So my last resort is to ask current EMC9 users if they have found any of the unavailable components yet.

I waited patiently for Roxio to provide the software that was described in the 8 Suite manual. The payoff for my patience (from April 2006 to August 2006) was that only those who had complained on this forum were able to get the 20.00 upgrade. I'm trying not to get burned again.

Thanks

ah Yes, there was only one version of EMC8 when I bought it in Nov 2005, it wasn't till April 2006 that the deluxe version came out. Never the less, the Help that came in November 2005 (on-disk) version described components that weren't marketed until April 2006. Now the EMC9 manual appears to be stating the same thing (that some components may not be available).

So my last resort is to ask current EMC9 users if they have found any of the unavailable components yet.

THERE IS NOTHING GREYED OUT IN VERSION 9. Any questions?

THERE IS NOTHING GREYED OUT IN VERSION 9. Any questions?

Thank you grandpabruce,

You didn't really have to shout (I maybe newbie, but still am aware of etiquette).

I'm sorry if I irritated you in some way; I was just looking for answer to what I thought was a reasonable question.

Perhaps some other user has come across a unavailable component that you may have not yet experienced.

Thank you grandpabruce,

You didn't really have to shout (I maybe newbie, but still am aware of etiquette).

I'm sorry if I irritated you in some way; I was just looking for answer to what I thought was a reasonable question.

Perhaps some other user has come across a unavailable component that you may have not yet experienced.

I was trying to get your attention. Your question was answered previously, in this thread.

Roxio is probably anticipating a bundled "lite" EMC9 version to ship with DVD drive kits. That statement is directed at those future EMC9 lite users.

Lance

If you bought it on-line and recently, call Roxio and get a refund. Then spend the gas, the time, and pay the sales tax to get the same product for the same $99. Oh BTW, at Fry's is that with a rebate? I see it for the normal $99 plus the two $20 rebates ($59). Add in the stamps, envelopes, and the heartburn while waiting for the refund. My time is more valuable than that.

Just consider yourself making the correct bottom line decision. :)

Sknis - The Fry's price was $99 less an instant $30 in-store credit and a $20 Roxio mail-in rebate. I'm not going to ask Roxio for a refund, but I do think future upgrades should be priced more attractively for existing users dealing directly with Roxio. Good luck. - Dave