• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

sheryltoo

Dvds Can't Be Read After Burning

Question

I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and just updated the software for my Toast 11 pro program to 11.2. Before updating, I was able to burn some DVDs of my home videos and then play them back on my DVD player with no problem. Now I keep getting a message on the screen saying my player can't operate the disk and it's an unknown disk.

I am using DVD's from the same package where I successfully burned DVDs. The only thing that's changed is the fact that I updated the Toast software.

Before I ruin my 6th DVD, I thought I'd ask for some help or suggestions on what to try next

I was thinking of either going back to the original Toast version or updating my apple software to Maverick.

1 answer to this question

I suggest going back to the version that worked. Roxio completely rewrote Toast when it updated to 11.1 or later and disc burning changed somehow (slowed way down). If you have a version before 11.1 use it to burn the discs. FYI, you can choose Save as Disc Image instead of clicking the burn button and then burn the resulting .toast file to disc using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window. You also can have more than one version of Toast 11 on your Mac by renaming the Toast 11 Titanium folder in your Applications folder before running the Toast 11 installer with a different version.