vinceg

Use Key Frames To Zoom A Photo

Question

New, but learning fast....

I have a segment that contains a still photo as a background and a video overlay in the foreground. I would like to zoom out the background photo, but complete the zoom after 6 seconds, and then have the photo remain at that zoom level for 30 more seconds, while the video plays in the foreground....

I'm guessing that key frames are the way to do this, but I have not been able to find how to place a key frame in a photo in the Pan & Zoom Editor, either in the basic or advanced option.

Any help? Thanks,

vince g.

3 answers to this question

Key frames have never worked very well. Perhaps this old video will give you some ideas.:

Add the video to an internal track of the image.

I needed to do something like that once and basically added the photo twice. Once for the actual zoom, then cropped to the final zoom size for the "post-zoom" still. A bit of a nuisance, but it was doable.

This works in NXT 2 and I believe the same in C2012

Add the photo to the main track and adjust the duration to 6 seconds.

Enter the Advanced Pan & Zoom editor and set the zoom level for the Start key Frame. Then select the End key frame and set its zoom level.

Exit the Zoom editor

Now set the duration of the photo to 36 seconds.

Now when you play the clip it will zoom during the first 6 seconds and then stay at that level for the next 30 seconds.

You can now add you video to the overlay track and make its adjustments.