PlusOn3

No Display On Tv After Setting Up.

Question

Hello!

I just purchased and received my Roxio Game Capture HD pro.

I spent the afternoon yesterday trying to get it set up, but I kept running into problems. It seems like the community here is really knowledgeable and helpful, so hopefully someone can help me figure out what my problems are.

A little bit about my setup:

I am trying to use my Xbox 360. I have securely plugged in the HDMI cable into the all ports, out from the 360 into the Roxio, out from the Roxio, into the monitor. I am able to see the display from the 360 in the capture software just fine, and I am able to record on there just fine. However, I am not getting a display on my monitor to actually play, just a black screen.

A few unique things about my set up:

I use the same monitor for my computer and my 360. When trying to set this up to record I plug in my computer to my monitor, get the capture software started so that I can use the hotkeys to start and stop the recording. Then I unplug the computer and plug the HDMI cord coming out of the Roxio into the monitor. When I plug the HDMI cable into the monitor I get no display, just a black screen.

I also have an HDMI switcher that my Xbox 360 and Xbox One are plugged in to. they are both plugged into a 3-port HDMI switcher so I can use a remote to switch between the two, the HDMI output from the switcher is plugged into the Roxio. The signal seems to get to the Roxio just fine, because the 360 display does show up just fine in the capture software and I can record it.

So an addendum to the cable pathing:

Xbox 360 > HDMI Switch > Roxio > HDMI-DVI Adapter > DVI port on monitor.

And I can only have, with my current setup, either the computer or the Roxio (read as Xbox 360) plugged into the monitor.

When I left for work this morning I began installing the capture software on a laptop that I have, in case the issue may be with having to unplug the computer to plug in the 360. I tested that really quickly before I left and I was still getting a black screen when I hooked it up. So it appears to be having the same issue.

Not sure what other information is needed, but i would be happy to provide any more information that may help.

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

Yes I have read the quick start guide. It doesn't really give specifics, however. I have hooked my setup up essentially the way the quick start guide explains. I just have a few extra things going on. If you could please be more specific on what part of my setup is causing the issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Does the Quick Start mention any of this?

So an addendum to the cable pathing:

Xbox 360 > HDMI Switch > Roxio > HDMI-DVI Adapter > DVI port on monitor.

There are several DVI connectors what one are you using?

Brand and model number of the monitor? Is it HDCP?

So the HDMI with DVI adapter DID work before you used the RGC???

I think you will need to split the HDMI before the RGC and send HDMI w/DVD Adapter to your TV/Monitor then another HDMI to your RGC.

The RGC adds HDCP Coding to the hdmi output and that may be what is screwing it up for you. So you want to tap the hdmi BEFORE it get to the Roxio -_-

Yeah the setup, while a little convoluted, works great without the Roxio.

I wondered if I would need a splitter.

So you would advise trying to split the HDMI one going to the monitor the other going to the Roxio and just not having anything in the Roxio output?

Alright, so I was able to get it patched together to function.

Here is what I did:

360 > Roxio > Xbox One (Using the TV input and the TV app on the Xbox One) > HDMI-DVI adapter > Monitor

It works, but the monitor display is just a small fraction of a second delayed, which isn't a big deal for some of the more basic games.

But it does work.

Eventually I will purchase a splitter to avoid all this nonsense, but this will work for now.

Thanks for the help, Jim.