beached

How Do I Go About Exporting Slide Show To Dvd Recorder?

Question

I have usb out on pc to the rca cords input to the dvd recorder, what icon do I start with to copy it?

Would it be plug & burn?

7 answers to this question

We're going to need more information. From your title, I can gather you have a slide show created, but how did you create it? What application in EMC 7.5/8 did you use? Did you use VideoWave? Or maybe you're running PhotoShow?

Using RCA connections won't be needed, or are you using some sort of external DVD recorder? Normally, we'd figure you're using a DVD writer built into your computer, so no external cables would be needed.

Give us some more information please.

The slideshow was created on Roxio Creator 7, videowave, I cannot copy it to the dvd in the pc, as it will only play audio, or start playing video, & cut out. I figure the external dvd recorder would be a safe bet, as it has never had any glitches, & will play in any machine.

So, the external DVD Recorder is a stand-alone device that doesn't require a PC? In that case, yes, you'd connect the line-out from your sound card to the RCA audio inputs of the recorder, and assuming your PC also has a Composite, yellow, RCA connector for the video, I would assume that is what your DVD recorder would support. As for the details of getting it to record, I assume you would get the slide show set to play, probably paused, on the PC, then start the recorder going, and start playing the slideshow.

Or, better yet in my opinion, spend $20 or so and get a new DVD burner for your PC.

The slideshow was created on Roxio Creator 7, videowave, I cannot copy it to the dvd in the pc, as it will only play audio, or start playing video, & cut out. I figure the external dvd recorder would be a safe bet, as it has never had any glitches, & will play in any machine.

In what format is your slideshow, ie what extension does the file have?

Where do you want to play the DVD? On a stand alone DVD player connected to a TV or where? Can you play standard DVDs on your PC's DVD player?

The format is jpeg. Want to play on stand alone dvd player. My pc will not play a standard dvd, (it used to before I upgraded to Win8)

Any type of disc I insert into the pc, messes it up, I get a message microsoft will try to repair it, (no results), & it takes me many tries to try & sign on again, to the point where I have to choose an earlier restore point to get it to work again. From what I am learning, there is no such device to transfer data from pc to a stand alone dvd recorder.

The autorun is enabled on Win8

Are you sure it is not an mpjeg file (motion jpeg) which is a video file? A jpeg file is an image only file - no video.

I think your computer is royally screwed up. You have been posting in the EMC 7/7.5 part of the forum. That version won't even work with Vista let alone W8. Was your installation of W8 cleaner or a update?

Are you just trying to jerk our chains or are you really having issues? By now, you should know better than to provide half the needed information.

Edited by sknis