Fit To Dvd Video Compression

greg matty

Question

I started using Toast 7 before reading about all its features which may have been pre-mature. I have burned 5 DVD's and suddenly see the check box for "Fit to DVD Video Compression" and realize it has been checked for my five burn sessions. Well the DVD I am burning is only about three gigs so if this box is checked for a video TS folder that is under the 4.7 gig limit, is it just ignored or does it get recompressed anyway? I would assume that check box only applies if material is over 4.7 gigs, but I dont' want to send out DVD's with double MPEG2 encoding. Thanks.

Greg

2 answers to this question

I started using Toast 7 before reading about all its features which may have been pre-mature. I have burned 5 DVD's and suddenly see the check box for "Fit to DVD Video Compression" and realize it has been checked for my five burn sessions. Well the DVD I am burning is only about three gigs so if this box is checked for a video TS folder that is under the 4.7 gig limit, is it just ignored or does it get recompressed anyway? I would assume that check box only applies if material is over 4.7 gigs, but I dont' want to send out DVD's with double MPEG2 encoding. Thanks.

Greg

DVD-Video content is only compressed if it is too large to fit on a 4.7GB disc. In your case, having the box checked or unchecked would not have had any impact.

Archived