tcagraphics

Burned Dvd Is "flickery"

Question

So I have a large (12G) .mov file that I am trying to burn onto a DVD to be played in a PS3. I go through Toast and get it all set up, Toast burns the DVD, and when I play it, it's all "flickery" and seems to jump, like skipping frames or something.

Any thoughts? I have tried playing the DVD on another player with the same problems so I know it's not the PS3.

3 answers to this question

That shouldn't happen. But since it did I suggest first using the Toast Convert window to convert the video to DVD (16:9 widescreen) and creating a new DVD with that video. This makes the rescaling from high definition to standard definition a separate step from encoding for DVD. Maybe the frame rate of the original video is triggering the problem.

I have tried that (and about 234873856 different things). The original video is 1920x1080, and we got it to work perfectly well when we had access to iDVD. The whole video is just a slideshow with slow pans and some motion graphics, and really, really, high quality images, if that makes any difference.

Give the a try using the QuickTime export from the conversion window. Notice that I have Progressive selected. I have found this to cause the least shimmer or stutter when used to make a video DVD in Toast.

post-120-0-10576000-1408644905_thumb.jpg