• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

guy1

DV capture for MCE only for NTSC ?

OK, the "black bars" issue has been reproduced and logged as a bug. I'll have an update for you soon...

-frink

Great! Is the NTSC/PAL issue also solved in this update? :)

Just out of cursiousity: these problems we found seem pretty 'big'. But i get the feeling that they all are quite new for you people.....are 'we' the only ones reporting these things so far? Or are we the only 3? people who bought this program? :huh:

Edited by kaajee

Since this product has not been lauched through the full Roxio channel, there are only a small number of users at this point. Also, with video products it is often difficult to check all formats in all regions on all Windows systems, but we do our best to get as wide a range as possible.

We plan to have fixes for both these issues soon. We are committed to making it work for you.

roxlabs

Since this product has not been lauched through the full Roxio channel, there are only a small number of users at this point. Also, with video products it is often difficult to check all formats in all regions on all Windows systems, but we do our best to get as wide a range as possible.

We plan to have fixes for both these issues soon. We are committed to making it work for you.

roxlabs

Ok, fair enough!

What is the status on the update/fixes anyway? When can we expect a new version? Is is almost two months ago now, since we reported the bugs!

thanx ahead......

hello Roxio people, we are now 14 days further...still no sollution ??

rgds

G

14 days!?!?

It has been over 2 months now since we/you first mentioned the problem!!

(30 sept)

It may not be a high priority issue at Roxio, maybe because of the 'low' price of the product. But still, people paid money for it, and it is not like it is some kind of minor issue. No there are two, in my opinion major issues, because of wihch i am not able to use the program.

In the beginning i also sent a mail for a refund. But i did not receive any response yet.

Actullay i do not want a refund, i want a working program, but i am thinking of a refund now again....

So what about it?

PS besides my personal problems, there is another issue. Here in the Netherlands en Belgium i read a lot of topics from people who have problems and probably are looking for the functionality given by your program. I am still waiting to give these people the Roxio DV capture solution because the plugin/program, to say it hard, still sucks! Mildly, the program is not doing what it is supposed to do. So also for selling more of your plugin a little speed would be nice, tp put it mildly again :)

Edited by kaajee

Hello!!!! Somebody there!!!!????

At least have the decency to answer us……even more since this forum seemed to be the only way to get in contact with Roxio.......

Edited by kaajee

We're here! I apologize for how long it is taking to get an update with this fix. The engineer who worked on this component left the company a few weeks ago and we had to assign another developer to look at it, then they spent some time getting up to speed on this area of the code (amongst other things). I expect to have an update with an estimate tomorrow.

roxlabs

Still working on this. It will be at least a couple weeks before we have a fix, though. The testing and build cycle will add some time. Thanks again for your patience and I assure you we are pushing this through. I'll post some updates as we go so it's not so quiet.

OK we're now adding the UI control to allow you to choose NTSC, PAL, or Auto-detect. This will take a couple days, then we localize, test, and create a new build for download. I'll update on progress here in a couple days.

OK we're now adding the UI control to allow you to choose NTSC, PAL, or Auto-detect. This will take a couple days, then we localize, test, and create a new build for download. I'll update on progress here in a couple days.

Great! Is the new build ready for download yet?

Not quite ready. We are fixing a couple other bugs for PAL capture that we found while testing the new UI. I I expect it to be posted early next week. Otherwise, it's looking good.

Happy New Year to the ROXIO people and to the other guys here on this forum.

Hopefully this PAL issue will get sorted out quite soon...

Guy

OK sorry we didn't make it last week. It's always hard to get things completed around the holidays with many people out. I expect this to go live in a day or two.

Hi all. At long last the new build is up. There's no announcement of it on the main page, but if you just download the latest DV Capture build and enter your current serial number you'll get the update. Auto-detect is improved and you can also select PAL or NTSC if needed. Please let us know if this addresses the issue you are seeing.

Thanks!

hello Roxlabs,

thanks but i'm sorry; i can't find your download (update) site...can you send us a link please?

rgds

Guy1

Hi all. At long last the new build is up. There's no announcement of it on the main page, but if you just download the latest DV Capture build and enter your current serial number you'll get the update. Auto-detect is improved and you can also select PAL or NTSC if needed. Please let us know if this addresses the issue you are seeing.

Thanks!

Same here, i purchased it and there was a downlink link. But i can not find it anymore......

My mistake, I thought the existing product link would allow you to download if you had the serial number. Standby, we'll either put this on the upgrades page or on FTP for you. Will have an update shortly.

Hello, i'm sorry but with the serial i got from my purchase i can not install the update...it's says my number is not correct....

what must i do?

guy

hello, the link is not correct, it's a link for :

roxio 3gpdecoder_100b19c_rlb.exe

hmmmmm

guy

The link has been updated. Apologies for that. That's what happens when CES is going on at the same time. Your existing serial number will work for the updated build.

OK, great, installed it...

Regional settings ok now(!)

PAL capture no problem...great

A few remarks:

-Still the big black line on the left side of the screen

-No option to choose where to save the recorded file, goes standard to 'my videos' , so no option to choose your big external HD for example...

but it's much better now..thanks!

Guy

Great! Glad it works for you Guy. Next release we'll address your other two concerns...

-james.

OK, great, installed it...

Regional settings ok now(!)

PAL capture no problem...great

A few remarks:

-Still the big black line on the left side of the screen

-No option to choose where to save the recorded file, goes standard to 'my videos' , so no option to choose your big external HD for example...

but it's much better now..thanks!

Guy