Sign in to follow this  
Spurgness

(Thought I Fixed It.) Driver Installation Issue

Question

I thought I fixed it the first time but I pulled the "solved" button a little too soon.

Anyway, I'm running into the same problem again, every time I go to re-install the drivers, the video driver fails, and the audio driver installs no problem.

Again, I'm using a AMD based Windows 7 64-bit build. This is the issue I'm still running into.

​post-120290-0-49324800-1408783519_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spurgness

9 answers to this question

Try a proper repair - Add Nothing! - Leave out Nothing ;)

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Try a proper repair - Add Nothing! - Leave out Nothing ;)

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Video driver install failed again after following this, only the audio driver installed properly.

This is what's popping up when I try to force install the drivers

post-120290-0-78875300-1408810439_thumb.png

Then something on your PC is blocking it!

There is something going on in the Device Manager in the 'Other'??? I can just see it under the message and that is likely the answer <_<

Then something on your PC is blocking it!

There is something going on in the Device Manager in the 'Other'??? I can just see it under the message and that is likely the answer <_<

I have the same problem as the creator of this thread. I did everything you suggested and still the problem existed. My Roxio Game Capture is fairly new too, just got it today.

post-120566-0-15522200-1410070601_thumb.png

post-120566-0-28601900-1410070616_thumb.png

NOT the same problem!

He had an entry in the Device Manager under "Other"...

You have NO such entry there...

With the device plugged in, DELETE BOTH entries in your Device Manager then follow the exact steps in post #2 -_-

NOT the same problem!

He had an entry in the Device Manager under "Other"...

You have NO such entry there...

With the device plugged in, DELETE BOTH entries in your Device Manager then follow the exact steps in post #2 -_-

I tried everything you mention in this thread over 10 times now. =/

And also I did try what you said in this thread as well.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/99597-no-input-signal-driver-will-not-load/

I got no clue why my computer keep is acting up like this and it is frustrating because I been working trying to fix this problem...

I almost awake for 24 hours now...-__-

come back after you had some sleep... When fatigued you keep repeating the same mistakes and it isn't going to work.

Be best if you start supplying your own information rather than quoting other posts and saying 'me too' ;)

come back after you had some sleep... When fatigued you keep repeating the same mistakes and it isn't going to work.

Be best if you start supplying your own information rather than quoting other posts and saying 'me too' ;)

I found out that Roxio Game Capture is not defective. It works just fine with the borrowed Laptop that is running on Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

My PC runs on Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit and it does not let the driver be installed. Do you think it has something to do with the compatibility issue?

Or is there just something on my PC that stops the device from working?

I already disabled both both my firewall and uninstalled my AVG virus protection program. I followed the steps you mention earlier and still no go.

I do not use Registry Cleaner...I am going to get a windows 7 home edition and downgrade my system..i hope this time it will work..

EDIT:

My Roxio Game Capture is now working on my PC. Downgrading my system to Win 7 Home Premium did the trick.

Thanks for the help! =)

Edited by Jrpg

Not needed... While it is a 32 bit Application, it works fine on 64 bit systems...

The only Compatibility check to make is to make absolutely sure NO Compatibility setting is set :huh:

Never the less, sometimes these installs can lead to insanity :lol: