Sign in to follow this  
neutronjeff

Hi-Def Dvd Burn Is Hanging On Lead-In

Question

I'm trying to burn a 3.7 gb HD iMovie to a DVD using a BD/DVD drive. I import the movie, add chapter marks at my transitions and burn.

It seems to Encode and a second quick step fine, but then the "Lead-In" burn starts, it never gets past 0%.

I just burned the file as a data file just to be sure because it is a new LG drive. That worked just fine from the Finder (not Toast), so at least the drive is working.

I'm on 11.2 (full download install) and MacOS 10.9.4

I was thinking of trying to use Toast to create a disk image , but I don't know the way to burn it from that point.

Any tips / suggestions??

5 answers to this question

I don't know if this is true in your case but some users have had their disc burner go to sleep waiting for Toast to finish encoding videos. Toast fails to wake up the drive when it starts writing to the disc. The workaround is to Save as Disc Image instead of clicking the burn button. Then burn the resulting .toast file to disc using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window.

I made two more Toast Coasters trying to burn the Disc Image. No dice, exact same result.

It spins up for Lead-In and sits there.

The program actually hangs. I have to Force Quit.

I'm presuming this is an external Blu-ray drive. I've had problems burning a second time to my external Blu-ray burner. It has only worked once after a fresh startup of the Mac. Check if that makes any difference. You can check with a DVD or CD project if you don't want to waste a Blu-ray disc.