Sign in to follow this  
Cineplayerfrustration

Cineplayer DVD Play Problems - Audio

Question

I appreciated the earlier help in getting Cineplayer to work, however now I have the problem that the Audio appears to be accelerated. All DVDs sound like all characters are using helium. Problem appears to be that the play mode is faster than it should be. Any help in regard to how to ensure that DVDs are played back at at standard speed would be greatly appreciate. I do not have the problem on any other DVD player on the same DVDs. Also, these are original DVDs.

Thanks,

4 answers to this question

I appreciated the earlier help in getting Cineplayer to work, however now I have the problem that the Audio appears to be accelerated. All DVDs sound like all characters are using helium. Problem appears to be that the play mode is faster than it should be. Any help in regard to how to ensure that DVDs are played back at at standard speed would be greatly appreciate. I do not have the problem on any other DVD player on the same DVDs. Also, these are original DVDs.

Thanks,

Just a wild guess, go into Windows> Run. Type in dxdiag> select OK. Go to the sound tab and lower the acceleration on the sound device all the way. If the DVDs sound better, increase the acceleration as much as possible without getting the problem. What sound card/chip do you have? Have you checked to see if there is an updated driver?

Thanks,

I have the same problem, but only with DTS audio DVDs.

Just a wild guess, go into Windows> Run. Type in dxdiag> select OK. Go to the sound tab and lower the acceleration on the sound device all the way. If the DVDs sound better, increase the acceleration as much as possible without getting the problem. What sound card/chip do you have? Have you checked to see if there is an updated driver?

Thanks for the help, but no good. Interesting that the DVDs play just fine with PowerDVD and WinDVD, and I did make sure I had the latest firmware and drivers on the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Extigy. For some reason I just have the acceleration with Cinemaster. By the way, it appears to not just be sound but the entire DVD. Any help is very much appreciated.

........Interesting that the DVDs play just fine with PowerDVD and WinDVD, .......

I have .iso files with 352x480 (half-D1) videos that play fine in standalone players when burned to disc but play half-width in Cineplayer (EMC9). My solution was to get PowerDVD. Since you seem to already have it my suggestion would be to forget about Cineplayer. The Cineplayer version in EMC8 seemed much nicer and did not have this problem.