• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Rokit6

No Spin Doctor For Toast 12, Can Toast 12 Capture Audio?

Question

If Toast 12 doesn't have Spin Doctor, how does Toast 12 capture audio to record vinyl LP records and cassette tapes? If Toast 12 doesn't capture audio like all the past versions of Toast, what's the point in including iZotope to remove clicks and pops from vinyl LPs and hiss from cassette tapes? Also, if Toast can capture audio, is there a sound level indicator to know if the audio is clipping like there was in Spin Doctor, and is there an input volume slider like the one on Spin Doctor that actually works with Mountain Lion?

Edited by Rokit6

4 answers to this question

Toast cannot capture audio. QuickTime Player can. I haven't used iZotope. You might also check if Final Vinyl is still available from Griffen Technology as a free download and if it still works with the current Mac OS.

Edited by tsantee

I am dissapointed in Toast 12 Pro. I upgraded so that I could continue recording my vinyls but there is nothing in the software to allow that. Spin Doctor had to be the worst product I have ever seen, so I figured that a new version of toast would have improved that aspect.

Amadeus Pro is another one that captures audio from vinyl and lets you seperate tracks. Rock solid and works like a charm. Bit of a learning curve, although the idea is the same as Spin Doctor's. Also able to downsample 24 bits to 16/44.1.