sippy

Slideshow Manual Transitions

Question

How do I create a slideshow with manual transitions (that is not automatic). I know this can be done with Creator 7.5 but I can't remember how with 2012.

Thank you

13 answers to this question

Manual Transitions??? I think you might want this.

This can be done in Timeline View but I like to use Storyline for this sort of thing...

Click the Picture/Clip where you want one applied and choose Add Transition:

post-39730-0-44302900-1409572874_thumb.jpg

Select the one you want then you will be offered these 3 choices:

post-39730-0-91772200-1409572607_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Thankyou Jim, but what I wanted to know was I want to be able to move from one photo to the next on my DVD player by using the remote, that is I don't want the photos changing automatically.

Cheers

Thankyou Jim, but what I wanted to know was I want to be able to move from one photo to the next on my DVD player by using the remote, that is I don't want the photos changing automatically.

Cheers

Remember that you are making a video (movie) and movies don't pause automatically at each scene. One possibility depending on your TV and DVD player is simply to put the images on a disc or thumbdrive.

Other than that, just use the pause/resume button on your remote.

Cheers

Sounds like you want it to behave like an old slide projector would.

There is one way to do that in Creator 2012.

Open MyDVD

Select 'Add New Slideshow' from the menu or Menu Tasks. This will open the Slideshow Assistant.

Select your photo files [Don't add background audio as it's not supported by this type project]

On the next screen [see image] select DVD Projector as your transition style

BTW, you can only have up to 99 'Photos' per slideshow title you add to get this to work.

That's because it basically treats each photo as a chapter, which the DVD standards limit to 99 per title.

When you play the DVD you'll use the 'Next' or 'Previous' chapter function of your remote to advance through the 'slides'.

post-71-0-13948900-1409838392_thumb.jpg

Yes that is the only way it can be done, and you forfeit your transition choices that way.

It is One or the Other, can't have both ;)

Yes that is the only way it can be done, and you forfeit your transition choices that way.

It is One or the Other, can't have both ;)

I think that the word transitions, in the first post, was not referring to what we know as transitions. He just wants to transition (go) from one picture, to the next, manually.

I think that the word transitions, in the first post, was not referring to what we know as transitions. He just wants to transition (go) from one picture, to the next, manually.

I agree. I didn't understand it either until the OP's follow up post clarifying what they wanted to do :)

Thanks for your help and yes I did word the first question poorly. That is what I want to do, use the program like a slide projector, although with Creator 7.5 I have had hundreds of photos on the one slideshow.

Cheers

I agree, it is a fabulous way to do slideshows!

Much better than the stand on your head method of finding the Pause button, then Play then Pause, in the dark without hitting something fatal like FF or Next :lol:

And if they can do it the Slideshow Assistant, one would think they could have added it into VideoWave -_-

Thanks for your help and yes I did word the first question poorly. That is what I want to do, use the program like a slide projector, although with Creator 7.5 I have had hundreds of photos on the one slideshow.

Cheers

In 7.5, you were using a completely different application, and it wasn't a video slideshow you were creating. It only ran on a PC, not on a set top player. I do recall that program, and it worked quite nicely, but it was never included after EMC 7.5.

When you wrote the slideshow to the disc (could easily be a CD, didn't need to be a DVD), it created an Autorun.inf file to automatically start the included application when you inserted the disc into a PC, then it started the slideshow.

Quite a different thing than a video slideshow, much higher resolution on the images, and less disc space.

But if you use Add Slideshow from MyDVD you can have that effect on a DVD or BD ;)

BUT you have the other restrictions we have noted in this topic :(

Yes, no argument, but he said with the 7.5 application, he "had hundreds of photos on the one slideshow". So that was definitely not a video slideshow. And while that wouldn't play on a set top player, on a PC, the resolution could be as high as the native resolution of the original picture, not reduced to Standard Def.

My wife needed a slideshow for a class she was taking, "way back when" and I remember using that program to create her slideshow.

Yes, no argument, but he said with the 7.5 application, he "had hundreds of photos on the one slideshow". So that was definitely not a video slideshow. And while that wouldn't play on a set top player, on a PC, the resolution could be as high as the native resolution of the original picture, not reduced to Standard Def.

My wife needed a slideshow for a class she was taking, "way back when" and I remember using that program to create her slideshow.

Yes I do recall using that in 7.5 ;)

I did not keep a screen cap of that one, but this recalls the happy days of XP :lol:

post-39730-0-62065800-1410173138_thumb.jpg