• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
byXDP

I Cant Record On .mp4 With The New Update? Roxio Hd Pro

Question

i cant record on .mp4 with the new update? everytime i press ``Stop Capture´´ it appears a window that says ``rendering or waiting´´ (cant remember) with a green bar ( im using windows 7) thats supposed to start and finish, but it never fills up and the file gets automatically deleted. Yes, i can record at M2TS with no problems...

Edited by byXDP

20 answers to this question

...and yet none of the regulars here are having any problems...

I have installed it on 2 different PC's/OS's and am running the SP2 on a 3rd right now :o

Why does it always work for me and others?

A couple of things to look for...

No Audio - HOW are you connected? Are you using Roxio Software or some other Editor?

Can't find file - LOOK at where it is saving the files (may have changed in SP2). Give the file a unique name (prefix) so you can search for it.

After the recording i have the wait bar after like 5 mins it finishes then i check the file watch it and it has audio for like 2 secs and then goes into mute mode so it either a bug or my pc (most likely) i play the video in windows media player if that changes anything

Edited by RedXGaming

After the recording i have the wait bar after like 5 mins it finishes then i check the file watch it and it has audio for like 2 secs and then goes into mute mode so it either a bug or my pc (most likely) i play the video in windows media player if that changes anything

So you Can record, unlike the Topic, but are having issues with the recorded file?

2 things to try - the raw recorded file in VideWave. Is there Audio. Can you hear it? OR can you see it if you choose Edit Audio?

Export As from VW. Does it play? Do you have another player or editor to test these two files with? (Raw & Exported)

So i played the video on Windows media player and vlc media player same thing only plays audio for a couple of seconds tried to put in in sony vegas and the roxio editor same thing audio for a couple of seconds

Edited by RedXGaming

So i played the video on Windows media player and vlc media player same thing only plays audio for a couple of seconds tried to put in in sony vegas and the roxio editor same thing audio for a couple of seconds

Sony Vegas has has had issue with audio & m2ts files from the beginning!!! No reason to think it would be any different with MP4 ^_^

I don't have VLC installed but I seem to recall you have to manually choose the Audio Track(?) as it defaults to the wrong one...

I asked you to test it in VideoWave???

you said to see if the audio is there in video wave it isnt cant see it either doesnt play either only for like 2 seconds i mean i can record in m2ts but sorting out this issue will still be good

...and yet none of the regulars here are having any problems...

I have installed it on 2 different PC's/OS's and am running the SP2 on a 3rd right now :o

Why does it always work for me and others?

Just cause im not a regular its not a issue . Wow at least recommend me some solutions.

Perfect! well at least I can SEE that it is just like you said :lol:

Solution is going to be a proper repairs, by the numbers! I am curious, the audio did work fine before the SP2??? Did you update QuickTime at that point? (it uses QT drivers)

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Just stick with .m2ts for now since it's much more reliable.

Btw since you might be using Sony Vegas for it, get yourself an audio extractor program since the audio won't be transferred over if you use m2ts.

It will if you follow the instructions in the Pinned Post concerning how to make it work in Sony Vegas ;)

But after 2 Years, why has Sony still not corrected the basic flaw in their software???

Edited by Jim_Hardin

I can't record in mp4 and yes i even uninstalled it then re-installed and did the same with the roxio_game_capturehd_pro_102b23a.exe and everything is the same which is good. So changed my output to my desktop and it's strange because as soon as i record i minimize my window and i see the file but as soon as i stop recording and close the window just in time and i can see that the file just disappear or rather just doesn't save. :huh:

Edited by Blakjack

I can't record in mp4 and yes i even uninstalled it then re-installed and did the same with the roxio_game_capturehd_pro_102b23a.exe and everything is the same which is good. So changed my output to my desktop and it's strange because as soon as i record i minimize my window and i see the file but as soon as i stop recording and close the window just in time and i can see that the file just disappear or rather just doesn't save. :huh:

If you read the preceeding 20 posts, the answer is to NOT use it!

Capture in m2ts and if you REALLY need it in mp4, convert it with the editor (videowave) or any of the 3rd part converter out that.

The Only problem we can document is the 1 hour limit if you choose to capture in mp4. - this has been turned in, fingers crossed but not holding breath :lol:

Time to lock this one up ;)

• Like 1