ian_fisher

Roxio Game Capture Hdpro Ps4 1080P Question

Question

Hello,

I am having a few problems setting up my PS4 to record in 1080P while utilizing my Roxio Game Capture HD Pro. I have the newest PS4 firmware installed, have my HDCP turned off, and I'm not using an external device of any kind in conjunction with using the HD Pro.

From reading I understanding that recording 1080P with the HD Pro is limited to 30FPS, but I can't seem to find any settings pertaining to that when I have the default capture program open. The only settings I see for recording are 1080i, 720P, 480P. I also have the latest update for the capture program, the default one that is included with the HD Pro, so I don't know if I'm missing an option or if the info I was previously is simply wrong.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated, and let me know if it would help to view screencaps of my system to better provide help tips.

9 answers to this question

If you select 1080P in the Roxio software it will capture at 30P or 60I

I don't have a PS4 but you need to set it to 1080P output.

You left out all information like - has it ever worked? With what?

Have you tried a different source?

What is or is it not doing?

I have the same issue. The resolutions of my ps4 are 1080P. when i connect the Roxio gamecap Hd Pro the ps4 goes to 1080i, 1080p is no longer available on the ps4. when i dossconnect the roxio gamecap hd pro. I can switch to 1080p again. I also have HDCP disabled and i have the most recent software for the ps4 and roxio gamecap hd pro.

"i have the latest..." kind of like saying I live by the 8 Commandments!

It was all that were on the tablet when I wrote them down :lol:

Not sure I see any problem here??? You can still capture and the frame rate is automatic right?

The problem is that the ps4 is on 1080i when the roxio is connected. And when the ps4 is on 1080i you can tell the difference because the picture is not sharp anymore. it is annoying to play ps4 like that. And even when there would be no problem, the ps4 should be on 1080p even with the roxio.

don't make fun of my english, im from the Netherlands. I know my english is crappy.

My suspicion is that the PS4 doesn't support 1080p at 30fps, so it's switching to 1080i at 60fps because that's as high as the Roxio Game Capture supports. I don't have a PS4, so I'm guessing at exactly why it's doing that. Check the PS4 manual for the output video modes it supports. If there's a way to manually set it to 1080p at 30fps, try that.

The problem is that the ps4 is on 1080i when the roxio is connected. And when the ps4 is on 1080i you can tell the difference because the picture is not sharp anymore. it is annoying to play ps4 like that. And even when there would be no problem, the ps4 should be on 1080p even with the roxio.

don't make fun of my english, im from the Netherlands. I know my english is crappy.

No one made fun of your 'English', which is great!

I made fun of the 'I have the latest' type of statement which is useless in any language :lol:

Dave presented some interesting possibilities... Why don't you try some things and tell us how it works out???

I have a PS4 and I don't think it allows you to record in 1080p with the Roxio.

To be fair, connecting the RGC with any console will make it look a bit different compared to what you have previously seen (brightness, contrast, and sharpness will all look different). You just have to get used to it :/

I have a PS4 and I don't think it allows you to record in 1080p with the Roxio.

To be fair, connecting the RGC with any console will make it look a bit different compared to what you have previously seen (brightness, contrast, and sharpness will all look different). You just have to get used to it :/

What CAN you record at with the RGC and PS4 then???