• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

tutor

Mov File (Less Than 50 Mb) Not Excepted Into My Photoshow..why?

Question

13 answers to this question

I have a mov file that is 10 MB in size. MY photoshow project will not allow it to be inserted. Why?

Upload the 10mb file to this free web hosing site then post a link so we can download and try the file?

Click here, http://yaa.im/

Thank you for the offer to try the file. I do not wish to download my file to this site. Thanks again for your generous offer.

Thank you for the offer to try the file. I do not wish to download my file to this site. Thanks again for your generous offer.

Do you have trouble with all mov files or just the one? Where did the mov file come from?

What version of PhotoShow are you running? The online one or the desktop version? Is there an error message?

You have not supplied much information to work with.

You are so kind to keep encouraging me with my family photoshow. I have version 6 of photoshow. Because my video clip from my Nikon camera was over the 50MBs. I bought Wondershare Video Editor and downloaded it to my PC. I created 3 video clips of approximately 10 M each.

Using the Roxio photoshow on my desktop version I tried to download the clips but then a text box message said the file could not be downloaded ( no reason given).

Now that I look at the properties of the video files I believe that I see what is is wrong with the file: Apple Media.mov

the Wondershare Video Editor saves the file as an Apple Media mov file. ...oh my...I thought that mov files worked no matter what. is the problem that mov files only work on a Mac not on my PC?

I am still trying to solve why the video clip would not be accepted. I went back to Wondershare Video Editor and saved the file as a .wmv file which would be opened by a windows media player. Back to Roxio photoshow I tried to click in the wmv file but the Roxio photoshow could not see the wmv file.

what are your thoughts?

More information that I should have shared is that I downloaded another Version 6 to use from my PC. This time I used an AVI file format for the video still photoshow responded with a dialog box The following item could not be added to your photoshow.

Any ideas?

More information that I should have shared is that I downloaded another Version 6 to use from my PC. This time I used an AVI file format for the video still photoshow responded with a dialog box The following item could not be added to your photoshow.

Any ideas?

Have you tried to record a less then 50mb video with your camera and add that? Don't use Wondershare for anything.

Again, I thank you for problem solving strategies. I will try your suggestion of leaving Wondershare video editor out of the mix.

I did experiment with an AVI video file from a photoshow completed 5 years ago (this file works in that photoshow and was not clipped with Wondershare). My present photoshow could not add that AVI file to the show.

I will consider uploading my video file to yaa.im. if I can decifer how to accomplish this task.

Thank you for the assistance

What are the video properties of the clips you are trying to add? Are they in any HD format/dimensions? I believe Photoshow will only allow standard video to be added, that is, 720x480 or less in resolution. There are hundreds of variations for an avi file so just saying "avi" does not tell us very much.

I just tried to add my mov files (from my Canon digital camera in HD mov) and I get the same error message.

I now converted the mov file (which could not be inserted) and converted it to DVD quality mpeg and it inserts into Photoshow without any problem.

It works!!! You are a great problem solver. Thank you. Now if I can remember the tricks for burning the show to a DVD I am a happy camper.

Thanks Again.

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. Used to love my Photoshow but since I got a new computer and had to upgrade, none of my videos are accepted. I used to insert clips from my

iPhone or Canon digital camera perfectly. Then had to adjust their length.

But new version of Roxio won't accept them.

Help??

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. Used to love my Photoshow but since I got a new computer and had to upgrade, none of my videos are accepted. I used to insert clips from my

iPhone or Canon digital camera perfectly. Then had to adjust their length.

But new version of Roxio won't accept them.

Help??

There is no NEW version of PhotoShow. What Roxio program do you have that is "new"?