• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

ConnieC

Quicktime Pro 7 Or Higher Required -- Does Not Work

Question

I'm trying to create a production by importing .mov files. I was required to buy QuickTime Pro 7.7.5 and it still does not work. Keep getting the same error message. Help please

4 answers to this question

I'm trying to create a production by importing .mov files. I was required to buy QuickTime Pro 7.7.5 and it still does not work. Keep getting the same error message. Help please

Roxio NXT 2 does not require you to buy Quicktime, in fact it is a free download.

mov files give a lot of trouble to all video programs. Sometimes all you have to do is change mov extension to mpg and it works.

Where did you get these mov files? You may have to convert those mov files to a more acceptable format such as mpg or other. It will all depend on what you are trying to create as your final product.

Please give us more information!

One other approach, it Repair the install...

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

The Roxio Software may not realize you have QT installed.

You might want to see if you can Return the QT Pro???

Please keep us informed on this -_-

Thank you both. The Creator NXT clearly alerts to a requirement to have QT of 7.0 or higher. The .mov was created with my Canon DSLR. I will try your suggestions, except that I don't have a Roxio disc. I downloaded the program. So frustrating.

Yes, the program requires Quicktime 7 or higher; it does not require Quicktime PRO.

If you downloaded the program , it should still be on your computer look in your download folder for three downloads with an exe extension. Make sure you copy those files to a DVD using Windows just in case. You may have to change your folder settings to show known extensions.

Download and run a free third party video converter and convert the file to mpg2 (or high definition mpg2). I use "Any Video Converter"; the free version. No need to buy it.

Those Canon mov files seem to be the worse for Creator.

Edited by sknis