• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Pass File Name To Rxtagedit10.exe

JMM30534

Question

I have added rxtagedit10.exe as a context menu item when right clicking a MP3 file in windows 7 explorer. On my old Vista PC, the file pathname was passed to the rxtagedit program and it opened with that file preloaded in the program window. I have "%1" in the registry entry after the program name but that does not seem to work.

Is there another parameter that needs to be added to the command to make allow the MP3 file to be passed to rxtagedit?

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

I have added rxtagedit10.exe as a context menu item when right clicking a MP3 file in windows 7 explorer. On my old Vista PC, the file pathname was passed to the rxtagedit program and it opened with that file preloaded in the program window. I have "%1" in the registry entry after the program name but that does not seem to work.

Is there another parameter that needs to be added to the command to make allow the MP3 file to be passed to rxtagedit?

Thanks.

I have no clue what rxtagedit has to do with Roxio software, but your Easy Media Creator 10 is not compatible with Win7. Sorry.

Jim,

When you install EMC 10 it creates its own context menu for MP3s [among others], Edit Song Information. This works perfectly well when EMC 10 is installed in Windows 7, passing the file name properly to RxTagEdit10.exe

This is version 10.1.112 Suite in Win 7 Ultimate a couple of minutes ago

post-208-0-97387400-1410304469_thumb.jpg

post-208-0-34291200-1410304519_thumb.jpg

What did you do to break yours?

Regards,

Brendon

Archived