• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Bill G

v7.1

Question

I keep getting the message that an update is available to my Toast 7.0. I have downloaded it multiple times, but I am unable to get it to update my application. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and get the same results. I am dragging the Toast 7 Update v7.1 icon that is on my desktop after the download into the Toast file in my applications. Am I doing it right? What else can I do?

Bill

2 answers to this question

The file that downloads is a disc image. It needs to be mounted which then opens a window in the Finder. The Toast folder inside that window needs to be dragged to your Applications folder. It doesn't modify the previous version of Toast. Instead it installs a new Toast 7.1 application.

To mount a disc image, control-click on the image file and choose Mount It from the contextual menu that appears. Normally it mounts automatically when it gets downloaded.

Or just double-click the .dmg file...

I find automatic mounting, launching, opening or whatever after a download extremely annoying, so it's off on all fronts. The same reason why I hate automatic cars: I drive the thing, so I decide when it shifts gear, not the other way around.