• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
JD808

.264 File From Converted Items Folder - Trying To Make 5.1 Blu-Ray

Question

Hello there,

I'm trying to make a Blu-ray with a 5.1 AC3. I'd like Toast for the video compression, because it looks way better than Encore's or Compressor's M2V files. But obviously Toast 10 doesn't support 5.1 in any intuitive way.

I'm trying a roundabout solution described here: http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/49749-how-to-burn-a-blu-ray-disk-using-apple-compressor-mpeg-streamclip-and-toast-10-that-does-not-re-encode-or-demux-the-51-audio/

In the past, I'v taken M2V files from the 'Roxio Converted Files' to build DVDs with better menus in DVD Studio Pro. However, after encoding a Blu-ray (from a .TS file), the Roxio Converted Files folder only contains a .264 file. The .264 file wouldn't open in MPEG Streamclip, and of course Compressor didn't do anything with it because it was some kind of H.264 Variant.

Has anyone else had experience with this and figured out a way to extract an M2V file from the 'Roxio Converted Items' folder or convert the .264 file to an M2V?

Thanks,

James

1 answer to this question

In Toast's custom encoder settings window you can choose MPEG 2 instead of MPEG 4 for HD encoding for Blu-ray.