• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Rick Rosen

Write Error .....

Question

I am getting the following error:

The drive reported an error:

Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR

Sense Code = 0x73, 0x03

Toast 12 on MacBook Pro with OS 10.9.4

Using Memorex DVD-R

I think it might be the Memorex DVDs.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

9 answers to this question

That error usually means the optical drive is having problems writing to the disc. It could be the Memorex media so try a different brand such as Verbatim. Hopefully that will work.

I too am getting the same error: Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR Sense Code = 0x73, 0x03. I have tried Kodak DVD-R and Staples DVD-R (on large files 2-3 Gb) to no avail. I was successful burning smaller (under iGb) files with both of these but now larger files get the same error. Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Larr2000@gmail.com

I have Toast 12 running on a Mac Mini with OS 10.10. So far I have failed to burn a BD disc but have no problems with burning DVDs.

Attempted to do a Blu-ray burn of 17 GB Toast BD file on my BD Burner which is a Tsstcorp BDDVDW SE-506AB:

First set of BD Discs: Verbatim BD-R 24GB 6X:

Trial 1 Disc: The drive reported an error:

Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR

Sense Code = 0x73, 0x03

Trial 2 Disc: The drive reported an error:

Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST

Sense Code = 0x30, 0x06

CANNOT FORMAT MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE MEDIUM

-----------------------------------

Second set of BD Discs: Memorex BD-RE 2X 25 GB:

Trial 3 Disc: Could not set up track for writing

Trial 4 Disc: The drive reported an error:

Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR

Sense Code = 0x73, 0x03

These BDs are media choices that have been recommended by others. I suspect there may be some problem other than the media. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!

Following the advice given above by Digital Guru I upgraded the Blu-ray recorder Tsstcorp BDDVDW SE-506AB Ver. TS01 using TSSTcorp's website instructions. No change, same errors using fresh BD discs. I have never been able to burn a BD disc with this recorder, but plays BDs fine.

Perhaps I need to invest in a new Blu-ray burner for the Mac. Any further suggestions to fix this problem, or recommendations on a good Blu-ray burner?

I suggest talking with the folks at Otherworld Computing (mac sales.com). They are probably the most knowledgable about Blu-Ray drives on Macs and are easy to deal with if you experience problems with what they sell.

I have Toast 12 running on a Mac Mini with OS 10.10. So far I have failed to burn a BD disc but have no problems with burning DVDs.

... I suspect there may be some problem other than the media. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!

Pretty much same issue for me - tried writing multi-set Blu-Ray completed the first disk and failed on the second.

Then I found this thread - http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/104311-tt12-on-yosemite/

"Toast 12 is currently not compatible with MAC OS Yosemite"