• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

tuomasbauer

No Image On Dvi-Monitor (Ps4)

Question

Hello!

I have trouble getting image on my Benq monitor.

Setup is:

From monitor to RGC: DVI to HDMI into the output of RGC

From RGC to PS4: HDMI to HDMI from input of RGC

I get image to the capturing software (HDCP disabled on PS4), but the image doesn't show up on my monitor screen.

It works just fine on my old screen where there is a HDMI input, but not with my new monitor without HDMI input.

Monitor is Benq Senseye 3 (Benq 27" GW2760 VA LED)

3 answers to this question

More importantly, what is the make and model of the HDMI to DVI converter you have? It's not just a cable, is it? It should be an active device that requires a power supply.

Does it work if you plug your HDMI to DVI converter directly into your PS4 and then into your monitor? If so, then the problem is likely the fact that the RGC unit adds HDCP to the signal, and it appears that some HDMI to DVI converters don't handle that.

Edited by d_deweywright

It's just a DVI to HDMI cable. So I should get a hdmi to dvi converter that handles the HDCP from the device?

It works fine with only the screen directly attached to PS4 (with the dvi to hdmi cable).

I wonder if it would work if I get and DVI-apater to a HDMI-cable.

Okay, so if it works okay going directly from the PS4 to the monitor, then it's likely the HDCP that the RGC HD Pro adds to the signal that's messing it up. And yes, if you can find an active adapter that supports HDCP, then that seems like it should fix the problem.