• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

REDWAGON

Dmsm Icon Drops Out

Question

This is a strange one too. After opening up videoWave and try and open up a previously made production, I can't get the side cursor to allow me to get to the one I want. I have quite a few saved in my folder "Roxio DMSM Files" folder (shown above in the Media Selector--Folder). The file I want is buried down in the screen past where I can see it. Every time i try and use the vertical slider on the right side of the screen it gets down one further set of files then immediately quits and takes me back to the opening Roxio program. Then I have to start all over again. Why does this happen ? Any suggestions. (I did try and minimize all of the files showing, using the little minus (-) key on the menu, but that still doesn't get me down to the one I want).

Sorry, I neglected to say I am running Roxio EMC 7.1.1.189

Frank........

Edited by redwagon713

2 answers to this question

Guest mlpasley

I haven't a clue why that is happening.

About the only thing you could do would be to open it through Media Manager or Windows Explorer. When you double click on a .dmsm file, it wil automatically open the production in VideoWave.

What you suggested does work ml but it's kind of a work around to get the task done. Another way I figured out was to do the following, which kept me in the VideoWave program:

At the top of the screen there is an Icon that (when holding your cursor over it) says "Select All Items". It has green colored rectangular slash marks around a couple of small pages. When I click on it, all of the file boxes are lit up and then I can go down to the one I want really fast and the program doesn't quit. Then when I get to the one I want I just click on it and it stays and all the others are de-selected. Works so I gues that's what I will have to do, unless someone else has an answer to solve myn original problem.

Thanks ml for the reply

Frank........