• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
DCGypsy

Support Code? Burning Dvd So That It Plays On A Pc And Dvd Player- Mine Dosen't

Question

HELP! HELP !HELP ! PLEASE

15 days ago I bought this product (Toast Pro 12) in hopes that i could burn an iMovie ( of dancers) into a dvd

It was filmed in HD on a canon

i call myself burning it using the DVD-Video method that is suppose to hold 4 hours of video for playback on a set top DVD player or on Mac and Windows PC's using DVD PLAYBACK SOFTWARE

IT WILL PLAY ON MY NEW Macbook pro 13" but not on my desktop mac,or the dvd player at school. I gave a copy to a friend and she said it would not play on her PC computer or dvd player. I am so mad and don't know what to do after spending so much money for this program.

- to get tech support you need a support code- but i downloaded toast pro 12 and dot see a support code with 9 digits - i have A order# and costumer number but where is the support code #?

YOU'D THINK AFTER PAYING FOR THIS PRODUCT -COSTUMER SERVICE WOULD BE EASIER TO REACH

HHHHHHEEEELLLLPPPP ME Somebody Please

Thanks a lot....DCGypsy

1 answer to this question

I don't know if we can help but give us a try by providing more information. Toast cannot fit 4 hours of video on a regular video DVD so I'm guessing you used a DL DVD disc. Is that correct? I'm also presuming you used the DVD-video setting in the Toast Video window. Is that correct? Does the burned disc have a VIDEO_TS folder?

When doing something so processor-intensive as converting HD video to standard definition for DVD I strongly recommend choosing Save as Disc Image instead of clicking the Burn button. The resulting .toast file can then be burned to disc using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window. You will be able to see before burning the disc if you need a DVD DL disc instead of a regular DVD disc. Toast also can fit DL-sized image files to standard DVD media by using its Fit-to-DVD process. In that way you should be able to get 4 hours on a regular DVD disc although the quality won't be as good.

I understand you are frustrated by this problem but be aware that those of us in the forum aren't with Roxio or Corel.

Edited by tsantee