Logon1027

"unknown Capture Error

Question

So I have had my roxio for a while but I got a new pc and it has not worked with the roxio at all since i got it. All it give me in unknown capture error. If you could give me any suggestions on how to fix it that would be great.

Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium

AMD FX 6300 six-core processor

Radeon 7750 graphic card

8gb ram

64 bit operating system

e3db287b20.jpg

21 answers to this question

It is not getting any signal from whatever you have it hooked up to...

Fix that and it will work again ;)

As a test, use a DVD or BD Player instead of whatever game device you are using.

It is not getting any signal from whatever you have it hooked up to...

Fix that and it will work again ;)

As a test, use a DVD or BD Player instead of whatever game device you are using.

Well i know it gets a signal but it does not work on my pc. The video will still show up on my tv but when ever i open the program to record it just gives me that. I also have a laptop and the roxio works fine with that, recording and all so i know its not the hardware. I would use my laptop but my laptop sucks and the videos will just come out choppy and low quality. So there seems to be something wrong with the software but I am not sure what. Any suggestions?

Now when I try and start it im getting this.

df693458a3.jpg

I think it might be the drivers for the software or the software itself. I even used the repair feature and it said nothing was wrong. Also when i started up the program this time it said "select video device failed" and windows was searching for a driver when i plugged it in but it said the driver was install correctly but i still does not work. Is it possible for you to give me a link to the drivers for the roxio hd pro so i can manually install them?

Edited by Logon1027

I am almost positive it is the drivers but I dont know how to fix it. I tryed reinstalling the software but the driver does not show up.

59c8cb2b40.png

How am I suppose to get the drivers if they do not install with my disc. This is soooo frustrating.

The drivers aren't separate, they are part of the Software...

A more extensive repair process should do it ^_^

(Add Nothing! – Skip Nothing!)

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure
nothing
is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

The drivers aren't separate, they are part of the Software...

A more extensive repair process should do it ^_^

(Add Nothing! – Skip Nothing!)

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure
nothing
is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

I followed those exact instructions to the letter and it still gave me the exact same error when i tryed to run in after the installation and reboot.

4f88a2abdf.jpg

Edited by Logon1027

I still believe it is a driver problem. Because whenever i reinstall it and reboot my pc, as soon as i plug in the roxio hd pro windows starts installing the driver. But shouldn't it already be install from the software?

Edited by Logon1027

Do it again, sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries to get it right ;)

Did it 3 times and still I get the same error. I have also found a bunch of people with my same error and none of them got solved. How are there so many people with the same problem but no solution :/

Edited by Logon1027

Did it 3 times and still I get the same error. I have also found a bunch of people with my same error and none of them got solved. How are there so many people with the same problem but no solution :/

Ask Roxio. You won't find them here.

Don't know what to tell you...

You have proven beyond a doubt that there is nothing wrong with the Software or the RGC Device :huh:

That only leaves your PC and I do not know why.

Don't know what to tell you...

You have proven beyond a doubt that there is nothing wrong with the Software or the RGC Device :huh:

That only leaves your PC and I do not know why.

I have tryed third party softwares as well and they all say that they cant connect to the desired drivers. Is there any way i can manually install the drivers.

Hi Logon1027,

Can you try the device on a different computer and let me know what happens there?

Hi Logon1027,

Can you try the device on a different computer and let me know what happens there?

Works on my laptop but it lags a lot because my laptop sucks. Thats why i cant use it on my laptop. So its not the hardware.

If you look at what is entailed in my directions of Post #6, you will notice it is quite extensive... There is not anything else to do as the problem is your PC or more specifically, something you set on it.

Fastest way to fix that ~ Format C:\ and install Windows.

If you look at what is entailed in my directions of Post #6, you will notice it is quite extensive... There is not anything else to do as the problem is your PC or more specifically, something you set on it.

Fastest way to fix that ~ Format C:\ and install Windows.

I have already tried your post #6 about 3+ times. Telling me to do the same thing a hundred times will not help me fix the problem. Jinsuke posted on this so i was hoping he would have some new suggestions, or tell me what programs might conflict with the roxio hd pro.

I have already tried your post #6 about 3+ times. Telling me to do the same thing a hundred times will not help me fix the problem. Jinsuke posted on this so i was hoping he would have some new suggestions, or tell me what programs might conflict with the roxio hd pro.

Hey Logon1027,

Seems that you'll likely see the Select Video Device Failed error. Jim's right, this error is an issue with the program that conflicts something on your computer. Right now, the solution that we can tell you is to reformat your operating system or do a system restore and restore to a point before the error happened. But as for your case, it seems that the error appeared on the first run, probably something conflicts with it it. So doing a clean install of your operating system is the only solution now that I can think of.

and we all know the pain of that so I will suggest that you get another HDD...

This can be a new one or even a smaller used one as this is another Test ;)

Unplug your existing HDD and do a Format & OS Install on the test drive.

After you get your Video drivers & software as well as your other PC Specific drivers installed, install RGC and take it for a test drive.

Let us know -_-