Sign in to follow this  
toya247

sideshow

Question

I am trying to change the duration of a photo in my sideshow. Instructions say select photo, and on production ediotr click trim. I cannot find a selection of "trim". What I have been doing is going into the sideshow, selecting the photo, but no trim option is there. What am I doing wrong. Thanks

8 answers to this question

I am trying to change the duration of a photo in my sideshow. Instructions say select photo, and on production ediotr click trim. I cannot find a selection of "trim". What I have been doing is going into the sideshow, selecting the photo, but no trim option is there. What am I doing wrong. Thanks
I'm going to guess that you are in Videowave, since you don't say.

So....

Select the photo by clicking on it. Above the preview window is a box labeled Duration. Just change it there.

OR

Right click on the photo and select trim

OR

Select the photo and click on the scissors icon (it says trim if you hover the mouse over it)

Sorry, no I am in Roxio creator 9.

Sorry, no I am in Roxio creator 9.
Which part of EMC 9? Slideshow editing is done in VideoWave either directly or thru MyDVD. So how are you getting to where you are trying to do this? the choices for changing the duration should still be the same.

Which part of EMC 9? Slideshow editing is done in VideoWave either directly or thru MyDVD. So how are you getting to where you are trying to do this? the choices for changing the duration should still be the same.

Sorry, I am very new at this. I first select my sideshow from my menu, then select (from the edit menu to the left) edit movie. This brings up sideshow assistant. The only options at the top of this screen is - preview, remove, rotate, view as, edit text & add blank slide. If I select "next" at the bottom of the screen, the options I have at the top are the same except pan & zoom & add narration.

Sorry, I am very new at this. I first select my sideshow from my menu, then select (from the edit menu to the left) edit movie. This brings up sideshow assistant. The only options at the top of this screen is - preview, remove, rotate, view as, edit text & add blank slide. If I select "next" at the bottom of the screen, the options I have at the top are the same except pan & zoom & add narration.

Click on the Roxio Home icon on your desktop, click on Applications, then click on VideoWave. Do your slide show there, and forget about the Assistant.

Click on the Roxio Home icon on your desktop, click on Applications, then click on VideoWave. Do your slide show there, and forget about the Assistant.

Thank You so much.

Thank You so much.

You are welcome, and if you have more questions, come back and ask.

I'm going to guess that you are in Videowave, since you don't say.

So....

Select the photo by clicking on it. Above the preview window is a box labeled Duration. Just change it there.

OR

Right click on the photo and select trim

OR

Select the photo and click on the scissors icon (it says trim if you hover the mouse over it)

Roxio using the term "trim", relative to changing duration, is crazy. LOL

Roxio using the term "trim", relative to changing duration, is crazy. LOL
I agree with you there. Confused a bunch of us when 9 came out. :)