• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Chuck1943

My Computer Crashed. Creator 2012 Won't Reinstall

Question

My puter crashed and I had to return it to factory settings. When I tried to reinstall Creator 2012 and I got to the point of the program telling me to check for softwhare updates, it came back with,"You are not connected to the internet". Well, I checked, Iwas connected to the internet. I tried to cancel the rquest and everything stopped from there. So I ried everything again, just closing out the request to check for updates. same problem. Everything just stopped. So now what do I do?

8 answers to this question

I have essentially the same problem as Chuck. Seeing that he posted five months ago and nobody responded, I guess I'm not going to get any help here. However, fwiw, my hard drive crashed, i'm now using a new one (in the same computer, if that matters; running Windows 7 Home Pro or something like that), i have tried twice to install from my Roxio disk. Everything goes fine, my product key is accepted, it goes on for several minutes, apparently installing everything, and then it "rolls back," apparently uninstalling everything, tells me my "setup was interrupted."

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

my hard drive crashed, i'm now using a new one (in the same computer, if that matters; running Windows 7 Home Pro or something like that). I have the original Creator 2012 disk, which I purchased from Roxio -- it did not come with the computer. I have tried twice to install it on my new hard drive from my Roxio disk. Everything goes fine, my product key is accepted, it goes on for several minutes, apparently installing everything, and then it "rolls back," apparently uninstalling everything, tells me my "setup was interrupted."

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Your second post was a thread that you started in the EMC 10 forums. It is here, now. I have not clue why you posted it there, but you would not have received a reply there about a Creator 2012 version.

Try copying the contents, of your Creator 2012 disc, to a folder (make one) on your hard drive. Then, take the disc out of your DVD drive, and click on the setup.exe, or whatever the command is, in that folder on your hard drive.

thanks for the suggestion, i'll try it. and will let you know what happened.

posted on other forum cause i'm confused...

Seems to have worked. Amazo! I had thought that disks with programs on them had some hidden software that wouldn't be copied by ordinary means but apparently that is either wrong, or didn't apply in this case, or?

anyhow, thanks again, very much.

Seems to have worked. Amazo! I had thought that disks with programs on them had some hidden software that wouldn't be copied by ordinary means but apparently that is either wrong, or didn't apply in this case, or?

Why would you think you can't copy your program disc? It is the first thing you should do after buying a disc based program. Even for downloaded programs I always burn copies.

You're welcome.

re cc'ing programs: well, thanks for this too. "I learn something every day."

btw i enjoy your changing picture.