• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

caijeff@adams.net

Problem With Printing To Lightscribe

Question

I am trying to print an image on the disk, and my problem is not knowing how to use lightscribe, but it is in the preview it shows just black not my image I am trying to print. When I switch to a regular computer it shows up just fine in preview. I even tried to burn it to a CD and it was black no image. What am I doing wrong?

7 answers to this question

Responded to in private mesage.

I am trying to print an image on the disk, and my problem is not knowing how to use lightscribe, but it is in the preview it shows just black not my image I am trying to print. When I switch to a regular computer it shows up just fine in preview. I even tried to burn it to a CD and it was black no image. What am I doing wrong?

It sounds like you are using an HP drive. If so, you need to update the drive engine and there is also another little file which makes the drive compatible. The drive engine file is "ls_engine_14271.exe" and the other file is "sp31006.exe". There used to be link on Roxio to them, but I couldn't find it. Couldn't find it on HP either. Good luck.

Just go to lightscribe.com. They have the latest drivers for the burners and a few other free goodies..

It sounds like you are using an HP drive. If so, you need to update the drive engine and there is also another little file which makes the drive compatible. The drive engine file is "ls_engine_14271.exe" and the other file is "sp31006.exe". There used to be link on Roxio to them, but I couldn't find it. Couldn't find it on HP either. Good luck.

Just go to lightscribe.com. They have the latest drivers for the burners and a few other free goodies..

I'm having the same problem with EMC 7.5.

I do have a an HP DVD Write 640C (applied latest firmware), I do have the LightScribe software 1.4.56.1 installed. It appears that sp31006.exe is just the HP labelled version of the LightScribe service so I don't know why we would need both.

I'm having the same problem with EMC 7.5.

I do have a an HP DVD Write 640C (applied latest firmware), I do have the LightScribe software 1.4.56.1 installed. It appears that sp31006.exe is just the HP labelled version of the LightScribe service so I don't know why we would need both.

While I was searching around up at LightScribe's website, I saw a free version of a label maker that they are offering; SURETHING 4SE. I downloaded it and burned one label without an issue. Have a dozen or so labels to make but it is a good start...

http://lightscribe.com/support/index.aspx?id=307

How do you fix this???

Out of curiousity, what irregular computer are you using that shows the preview in black?